• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 363 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
When exactly can we draw a conclusion then? Just curious.
I think it's reasonable to wait for the first milestone (to deliver an elite climbing performance) or for the Vuelta (if he is able to stay in contention there). If he delivers both there, be free to expect him to win a GT. If he delivers neither this year, wait with the GT hype.

I think it's reasonable to wait for the first milestone (to deliver an elite climbing performance) or for the Vuelta (if he is able to stay in contention there). If he delivers both there, be free to expect him to win a GT. If he delivers neither this year, wait with the GT hype.
ok..I understand and I basically agree with that, but surely even a small drawing can be made after today.

Now that Alap has a confirmed punctured lung and broken ribs, should the audible be called and send Remco to the tour if Alap cannot go? Could Suisse be a determining factor (if he wins or even top 5s there)

If Alap cannot ride the tour, he likely would ride the Vuelta.

What other options does QS have? I don't think Remco can win the tour, but he could win 3-4 stages (the 2 TTs and some of the shallow MTFs) and finish top 5

yes I agree...but what I'm trying to say is that with today's performance his future ability in a GT will be greater.
If so, only very, very little. His performance today doesn't translate well to a GT performance. Neither Jungels's nor Fuglsang's wins (different as they were) said much about their chance to win a GT. And Fuglsang was clearly the strongest in the race uphill, we can't say the same for Evenepoel.

TRENDING THREADS