• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 460 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
I think they changed the wording over the years. This way the 3k relates to the incident, and not to being duly noted within 3k.

Currently this is what it says:

But i don't think the discussion should be about that. Rather that the claim that he punctured before 3k is based on nothing but conjecture, and the more logical conclusion based on his Strava and roadside fan video's is that he punctured within the 3k zone. That is in case one really wants to continue this discussion, lol.
Also possible that he only noticed the puncture once they hit that little climb. Which would make this a very different story from a backdated TUE.

What’s your honest assessment of the odds that Remco will read this? It’s not 0…did anyone follow the Kevin Durant fake Twitter handle scandal? In an analogous situation, Remco would be Logic.
Its not zero as you said, but typing that isn't because I think that he will read it, but a short hand summary for my praise of the result.

The Slipstream guys used to read the comments on the bus and JV even posted to the old Velo News forum once in a while. These guys have a lot of down time trying to recover from their efforts. Social media is more likely their go to now though.

Reactions: VayaVayaVaya
View: https://twitter.com/evenepoelremco/status/1567915934437736450?s=46&t=6TmVklIiYmNCRJ6K2ROmYQ

Is it commonplace for the leader to refer to the leader’s Jersey as “my red jersey?”

If he’d been reading his Plutarch, he’d know it’s better to act ruthlessly/possessively, and speak deprecatingly. But who reads Plutarch anyways.
Seems that you are...

Is it another useless left-wing, elitist French philosopher?

Found myself shouting in my living room when he accelerated for the win! Great stage. So much action and so many variables, plus the outcome I wasn't even hoping for. Awesome. Some of the criticisms of the stage design didn't pan out, as is so often the case. Riders make the race. Hard finishes sometimes quell action.

Is it commonplace for the leader to refer to the leader’s Jersey as “my red jersey?”

If he’d been reading his Plutarch, he’d know it’s better to act ruthlessly/possessively, and speak deprecatingly. But who reads Plutarch anyways.

What would Lance say? :) Damn right it's his. Been his for 12 days now? I like a leader who sees themselves as a leader and expects to win.

I think thanking his team as he always does, despite them not being ALL that helpful (except Cavagna) is always a nice touch. I feel like mostly he's just straightforward. When Mas has hurt him with attacks, he's said so. When Roglič has pressured him or won explosively, he's said so. When he's feeling like he kicked butt, he says so.

Fairly Belgian in my experience. Matter of fact. I like it.

What’s your honest assessment of the odds that Remco will read this? It’s not 0…did anyone follow the Kevin Durant fake Twitter handle scandal? In an analogous situation, Remco would be Logic.
I have no idea what the Kevin Durant scandal was, but i think i have often been a bit too critical (in spite of my unwavering conviction in his potential based on logic and facts) to be considered as Evenepoel's personal forum account.

As for "his" red jersey, i think in that context it's perfectly normal. Because he is wearing this actual jersey while physically crossing the line. It's not in the sense of the red jersey as a concept.

View: https://twitter.com/TamauPogi/status/1544734143321460736

Ancient Greek, I believe.
But was he woke?

I thought he really struggled to hold Mas’ wheel at the last. However, he had the stuff to gap him in the end.

While his acceleration near the base was pretty phenomenal to watch I agree with @Logic that he should not be playing the stop start games. It’s the kind of match burning that could lead to big cracks on the final test on Saturday.

I have no idea what the Kevin Durant scandal was, but i think i have often been a bit too critical (in spite of my unwavering conviction in his potential based on logic and facts) to be considered as Evenepoel's personal forum account.

As for "his" red jersey, i think in that context it's perfectly normal. Because he is wearing this actual jersey while physically crossing the line. It's not in the sense of the red jersey as a concept.

View: https://twitter.com/TamauPogi/status/1544734143321460736

But was he woke?
Woke is a good thing.

You can flag this post for the mods to delete for useless pedantry, but here are the passages in Plutarch’s 1st century AD biography of Caesar that made me think of Remco and this forum. If there’d been an Internet forum for Roman politics, it would have been brutal. Actually probably similar to this one.

“On another occasion he had just been awarded extraordinary honors by an official decree of the senate, and he happened to be sitting above the rostra. The consuls and praetors approached him, with the whole senate right behind him, to hear what he had to say. Instead, of standing up, Caesar acted as if he were giving an audience to mere private citizens and remained seated to give his response. This offended not only the common people, but the senate too, because they felt that the city was being insulted by this treatment of the senate, and all those who did not have to stay left at once, filled with foreboding. Caesar then realized his mistake…”

“Another thing that caused offense was the high handed way he treated some tribunes…[Weird anecdote about men running naked through the city slapping the hands of young women]…When Antony entered the forum, he made his way over to Caesar, through the crowd which parted before him, carrying a laurel wreath he had woven around a diadem. He held this diadem out towards Caesar and there was some applause, but not a great deal, and what little there was was pre-arranged. But when Caesar refused it, the assembled people all burst into applause…But then it became clear that two of his statues had been crowned.” I’m sure you all know what happened next.

So, yes, actually, this was in fact the story of Lance Armstrong.

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
Its not zero as you said, but typing that isn't because I think that he will read it, but a short hand summary for my praise of the result.

The Slipstream guys used to read the comments on the bus and JV even posted to the old Velo News forum once in a while. These guys have a lot of down time trying to recover from their efforts. Social media is more likely their go to now though.
this site is awful on mobile, remco is on reddit

TRENDING THREADS