• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The revenge of Rasmussen ...

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Funny stuff, why dont old cycling poisoners just stay away from the sport:
http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/tour-de-france-2013/21722214/__Gisbers_praat_met_Belkin__.html

Gisbers talks with Belkin

From our special reporters
MONT-SAINT-MICHEL -
After he already had a conversation with Belkin team manager Richard Plugge in the final week of the Giro d'Italia, former PDM team manager Jan Gisbers was yesterday guest of the Dutch formation at the time trial.

Gisbers has an idea to give continuity to the World Tour formations and more guarantees that the teams will be less dependent on sponsors.
The plan would be partially based on a new way of merchandising over the internet. "We can not give more details, but we have had good conversations with Belkin. It is 90 percent sure that our plan is going to be launched next year'' said Gisbers.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Jans Koerts on Dutch television now explaining in retrospect how nobody, nobody (not the UCI, not the Dutch anti-doping authority), came to him or asked him anything after he confessed to doping live on dutch television back in 2007.

p.s. Thijs Zonneveld is a really clever guy. Refreshing to see him alongside Smeets. In case he reads in here: keep up the good work.

sniper said:
Jans Koerts on Dutch television now explaining in retrospect how nobody, nobody (not the UCI, not the Dutch anti-doping authority), came to him or asked him anything after he confessed to doping live on dutch television back in 2007.

Well, of course the UCI isn't going to contact him.

How is Dutch anti-doping set up? If he didn't go to Dutch anti-doping it is likely that's the only way anything was going to happen.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Well, of course the UCI isn't going to contact him.

How is Dutch anti-doping set up? If he didn't go to Dutch anti-doping it is likely that's the only way anything was going to happen.

indeed there was no surprise there, of course.

his story was more generally about how, after he quit in 2007, he was sort of abandoned to his fate.
no former DSs asking how he was doing, nobody from UCI or former teams helping him out with administrative matters (there was apparently still a lot of administrative stuff for him to take care of e.g. wrt pension arrangements etc.).

The morale was that (as with doping) the individual riders usually take the hits and are too often left to their fate, whilst the guys behind desks benefit.

The chicken is writing a biography( or perhaps a journalist will help him out:))
http://www.bt.dk/cykling/kyllingen-kan-fortaelle-alt-i-ny-selvbiografi

The chickens own doping case is finished, and he have told every thing to the danish anti doping agency. So he can tell what ever he want to tell in the book, and he probably will. After he lost the case against Rabobank, the chicken could seriously use some cash:http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article2023785.ece And everybody knows, what it takes to sell books like this. Could be interesting, sure he have something to tell about: Riis, Menchov, Boogerd, MTB doping world, Saxo and Rabobank in general, the danish national team, and of course this guy:
Leinders.jpg

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Sky must have wanted Leinders badly.
Otherwise i cant see why a team renowned for attention to detail took the risk of hiring him.
Sorry, off topic.
Anyway. Looking forward to hear what Rasmussen has to say. A few pages from his biography are probably gonna be more interesting than Walsh's Sky oevre alltogether.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
Sky must have wanted Leinders badly.
Otherwise i cant see why a team renowned for attention to detail took the risk of hiring him.
Sorry, off topic.
Anyway. Looking forward to hear what Rasmussen has to say. A few pages from his biography are probably gonna be more interesting than Walsh's Sky oevre alltogether.

Walsh - is this thread too?
What new info do you think Rasmussen could provide on Leinders? That he helped him blood dope? Recommended the use of a sysmex machine? And to use blood from relatives?........ (already written in the ST by a D. Walsh)

DirtyWorks said:
The interview I heard over at velorooms suggests he doesn't need much help writing. IMHO, he's a very persuasive speaker on the topic.
Agreed, I think so too. I was more thinking in terms of writing ability, but I have absolutely know idea about his skills, when it comes to that. But often, sports guys do a biography together with a journalist. Riis did it, just to give one, out of a lot examples.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Walsh - is this thread too?
What new info do you think Rasmussen could provide on Leinders? That he helped him blood dope? Recommended the use of a sysmex machine? And to use blood from relatives?........ (already written in the ST by a D. Walsh)
You missed a qualifier.:rolleyes:

Samson777 said:
The chicken is writing a biography( or perhaps a journalist will help him out:))
http://www.bt.dk/cykling/kyllingen-kan-fortaelle-alt-i-ny-selvbiografi

The chickens own doping case is finished, and he have told every thing to the danish anti doping agency. So he can tell what ever he want to tell in the book, and he probably will. After he lost the case against Rabobank, the chicken could seriously use some cash:http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article2023785.ece And everybody knows, what it takes to sell books like this. Could be interesting, sure he have something to tell about: Riis, Menchov, Boogerd, MTB doping world, Saxo and Rabobank in general, the danish national team, and of course this guy:
Leinders.jpg

I think Rasmussen needs to come up with a couple of surprises to shift the book to the upper shelf. Sure the Leinders angle will drag some back into the mud again etc. but to nail Riis photo evidence will probably be needed by now.

Note: Eki is already hinting Menchov could return at some point. Maybe Rasmussen can nail him for good.

Dazed and Confused said:
I think Rasmussen needs to come up with a couple of surprises to shift the book to the upper shelf. Sure the Leinders angle will drag some back into the mud again etc. but to nail Riis photo evidence will probably be needed by now.

Note: Eki is already hinting Menchov could return at some point. Maybe Rasmussen can nail him for good.

Yeah I read that as well. My first thought was if his retirement was a silent (passport) suspension.

Dazed and Confused said:
I think he did allready, in some way, or at least he gave it a shot:
http://cykelmagasinet.dk/kyllingen_angiver_menchov
http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/cykling/article1933404.ece

But yes, he will probably tell more in the book.

In the end, I wonder how much Katusha care, when they have Eki as boss. But okay, they did let Zabel go, so in some way they care. Even do, I am not sure I understand the logic all the way. It's of course only PR they care about, but how good anti doping PR is it, when you let Eki control your team?

Breaking news on Danish national television: Michael Rasmussen claims Riis saw him take doping, and Nicki Sørensen buried epo in his backyard...

It's from the coming book by Rassmussen the tabloid BT is referring to in tomorrows paper.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-10-29-kyllingen-anklager-riis-du-så-mig-tage-doping

In the book Michael Rasmussen accuses the still active rider Nicki Sørensen of doping and writes he saw Nicki Sørensen dig EPO into his garden to hide the doping from the controllers.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
AnotherDan said:
Breaking news on Danish national television: Michael Rasmussen claims Riis saw him take doping, and Nicki Sørensen buried epo in his backyard...

It's from the coming book by Rassmussen the tabloid BT is referring to in tomorrows paper.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-10-29-kyllingen-anklager-riis-du-så-mig-tage-doping

I guess this post is mostly about Sorensen revealing that Riis saw you doping and turned a blind eye is like revealing Hitler told you something mildly anti-Semitic in confidence.

Briant_Gumble said:
I guess this post is mostly about Sorensen revealing that Riis saw you doping and turned a blind eye is like revealing Hitler told you something mildly anti-Semitic in confidence.

You mean Rasmussen?

I guess you refer to the article I linked to?
There's a video clip in danish as well where the journalist and editor from BT is telling about it...

The journalist tells in the clip that Rasmussen writes that doping was not enforced by Riis but "part of the package", as well as the incident where Riis saw Rasmussen (and apparently other riders as well) have doping injected by the team doctor.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
AnotherDan said:
You mean Rasmussen?

I guess you refer to the article I linked to?
There's a video clip in danish as well where the journalist and editor from BT is telling about it...

The journalist tells in the clip that Rasmussen writes that doping was not enforced by Riis but "part of the package", as well as the incident where Riis saw Rasmussen (and apparently other riders as well) have doping injected by the team doctor.

I was joking, I guess it's good to hear from Rasmussen a breakdown of exactly how things were being managed at CSC and Rabobank.

The book is called "yello fever" will be out monday. The chicken should write, that he doesn't regret anything about his doping, and would do it all again, if he got the chance..

Don't know what Cookson thinks about this new beginning in cycling. But will be interesting, to see if there is any kind of consequences, for a team owner who is found guilty, in having knowledge about doping on his team. Of course, the Anti doping Denmark, will have to confirm what the chicken says about Riis. And still it is not certain, anything can happen. Since it is probably all "old" cases.. And Saxo doesn't give a ****, so the team is not in danger probably.

TRENDING THREADS