The revenge of Rasmussen ...

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
staubsauger said:
That makes me wonder why he suddenly was no longer a protected rider in 2007? I mean the Danish Federation tried to test him, although he was officially registered in Monaco and Mexico earlier on!

Will there be also an English version of the book?
Just because you're protected from UCI doesn't mean you're protected from ASO, DCU or ADD.
 
thehog said:
Well done!

The title or the book, in English, almost sounds like "Gullible Fibber" !

Now flick through to the part about Ryder and gives us the full scoop!

:eek::cool:
All about Hesjedal has already been aired.

But from a 2nd hand source, Rasmussen says that Lance cried in the anti-doping buses, because the press was so mean to him :D
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Netserk said:
All about Hesjedal has already been aired.

But from a 2nd hand source, Rasmussen says that Lance cried in the anti-doping buses, because the press was so mean to him :D
Wow. Bet he has cried a river since the 'reason decision', must have been good for his water bills.:D
 
May 19, 2010
1,899
0
0
Ferminal said:
Wasn't it the team who pulled him out in 2007? Not sure the UCI could have done much to stop the barrage.
It was the team. And he sued them. It is what this thread is about : The revenge of Rasmussen and the end of Rabobank. Maybe it should be renamed now, as he seems to have brought the end to Saxo bank. Michael, the bank slayer. Too bad nothing can bring down Tinkoff bank.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-riis-sells-saxo-bank-team-to-tinkov
 
Dec 13, 2012
1,859
0
0
Is this book going to be released in English? Surely more questions for Sky to answer if there is yet more revelations about Leenders.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
SundayRider said:
Is this book going to be released in English? Surely more questions for Sky to answer if there is yet more revelations about Leenders.
many questions still remain unanswered, regardless of the rasmussen book.

One interesting new detail is the dealings between Zorzoli and Leinders, but i'm not sure whether that has any new implications wrt Sky and Leinders.
Imo it does make it more unbelievable still that Sky didn't know about Leinders past.
 
Dec 13, 2012
1,859
0
0
sniper said:
many questions still remain unanswered, regardless of the rasmussen book.

One interesting new detail is the dealings between Zorzoli and Leinders, but i'm not sure whether that has any new implications wrt Sky and Leinders.
Imo it does make it more unbelievable still that Sky didn't know about Leinders past.
Oh I am sure they knew anyway.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
martinvickers said:
De Jongh...
De Jongh recommended him, sure (and nothing to see there of course), but isn't it fair to assume Leinders was on a list of candidates, a list not composed by De Jongh?
 
Dec 13, 2012
1,859
0
0
sniper said:
De Jongh recommended him, sure (and nothing to see there of course), but isn't it fair to assume Leinders was on a list of candidates, a list not composed by De Jongh?
when was Leenders hired? 2011 wasn't it? That would be the year of Froome emergence and the year that Wiggins would probably have been very close to winning the Tour had it not been for the crash.
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Would be interesting if Rasmussen's book gives us some insight into the relationship between De Jongh and Leinders.
De Jongh has confessed, but i don't think he is implicated in any of the Rabo confessions we know thus far, is he?
 
sniper said:
Would be interesting if Rasmussen's book gives us some insight into the relationship between De Jongh and Leinders.
De Jongh has confessed, but i don't think he is implicated in any of the Rabo confessions we know thus far, is he?



What I find rather impressive about the Leinders (Rabo)/UCI collaboration is that no one ever tested positive. Now it's clear many were warned about blood values and slipped under the radar. And Dekker once he left Rabo and presumably Leinders was tripped up not on a positive test but by going back to old samples which the UCI would have known were positive.

No wonder Sky hired him. Not only did the guy inject riders, he could set up a program if need be but also ensure via his nous and contacts in the UCI that no rider would ever test positive.

I'd hire him as well if I wanted to win the Tour and was riding grupetto.
 
May 12, 2010
1,998
0
0
thehog said:
What I find rather impressive about the Leinders (Rabo)/UCI collaboration is that no one ever tested positive. Now it's clear many were warned about blood values and slipped under the radar. And Dekker once he left Rabo and presumably Leinders was tripped up not on a positive test but by going back to old samples which the UCI would have known were positive.

No wonder Sky hired him. Not only did the guy inject riders, he could set up a program if need be but also ensure via his nous and contacts in the UCI that no rider would ever test positive.

I'd hire him as well if I wanted to win the Tour and was riding grupetto.
Although there were no concrete rumors about this, I was always suspicious about the way Rabo got rid of Dekker in 2008. He was the biggest talent in The Netherlands, with the highest PR value. And suddenly, they didn't allow him to ride any races, and payed a huge som of money to buy off his contract. Sure, they had information that he had dodgy blood values...but so had Menchov, or Rasmussen, and later Barredo. That hardly seems like a confincing reason to get rid of him at all costs. I always had the, completely unfounded, suspicion that Rabobank knew that Dekker was tested 6 months before and that they got tipped off by the UCI that they knew het was using Dynepo, and they were only waiting for the test to be ratified before they could catch him, and Rabo dumped him to Lotto.

Anyway, as a Dutch guy it is interesting to read all these revelations about Leinders. During his reign at Rabobank, he was a fairly unkown guy, only die-hards knew about him. In interviews he always seemed like a very intelligent, decent man. At worst I think most people suspected him of being the kind of docter that would never encourage doping, but knew the riders would do it anyway (like so many in the 90's), and therefor helped them to at least prevent medical problems. But now, it is clear that he was a full on doping docter, giving advice, colluding with the UCI, administering transfusions, inspecting the Human Plasma compound, experimenting to better evade tests. Pretty incredible, on of the most succesfull docters in the peloton, non of his riders test positive, yet a complete unknown compared to guys like Ferrari and Cecchini.

If you wanted to hire one of the best doping docters who has a great reputation, you could barely find a better candidate.
 
As we know now what an amateur Dr. Fuentes has been nearly killing riders like Manzano and blood transfusions made by non physicians . As we know now what an old idiot Santuccione has become, dealing CERA to Ricco and Di Luca, so they got caught.

It seems that Leinders was one of the most competent doping doctors out there in the zeros, looking at how he sat up Rasmussen, Menchov, Wiggins and Froome!

Incredible. Who would have thought in that dimension before the Chicken began to whistle!
 
staubsauger said:
As we know now what an amateur Dr. Fuentes has been nearly killing riders like Manzano and blood transfusions made by non physicians . As we know now what an old idiot Santuccione has become, dealing CERA to Ricco and Di Luca, so they got caught.

It seems that Leinders was one of the most competent doping doctors out there in the zeros, looking at how he sat up Rasmussen, Menchov, Wiggins and Froome!

Incredible. Who would have thought in that dimension before the Chicken began to whistle!
Sven Nys: “I know Geert as a very honest person, with whom I always worked correctly,”

Snippet from article on CN (Dec 25 2012): http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nys-leinders-is-a-very-honest-person
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
2
0
Excellent posts and points on this page.

As hog and lanark say, if you wanted the best doping doc available in 2010, youd end up hiring leinders. And good point by dazed,nconfused to not forget he,s probably the man behind nys as well.

Its unfortunate to see intelligent guys like Walsh and some clever posters downplay the issue.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS