• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The revenge of Rasmussen ...

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Carstenbf said:
Much more interesting than the Ryder angle imo ..

From http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Cykling/2013/10/30/153222.htm

- Monday was restday. We were to have blood test by the UCI officials. Afterwards we went for a training ride. When we got back to the hotel, Frans Maasen sought me out, and told me that they'd been called by the UCI. He had been told there was a problem with one of the riders.

- I hope it's not you, he said.

- It was me.

- I was finished.

However, at that time Rabobank was among the biggest sponsors. That meant that the team had a good relationship with the UCI, and hence the Rabobank doctor got together with the UCI doctor and came up with a solution.

- Doctor Leinders og doctor Mario Zorzoli, chief of the UCI medical department, had a meeting, in which they thoroughly discussed the case. When it was over, I was allowed to continue. No cause for alarm.

- Afterwards doctor Leinders told me what transpired. He used a dutch expression: 'We have butter on our heads'. They just slide off, the cases. Rabobank had a good relationship with the UCI; things had been taken care of in amicable fashion.

- You are the most protected rider in the TdF right now, he told me.

- They just acknowledged that you're allowed to break the rules.

The Chicken more protected than the boss

masking_agent said:
why are we hearing about Rasmussen teaching Hesjedal to use EPO now ? Regardless, its blown the door wide open like what Tyler did with his book ..

I agree.

And it makes McQuaid's stupid letter to Rabo when they pulled sponsorship all the more silly.

The UCI up to their ears in it.

Which gives Bruyneel hope.

First at all:

The credibility of Rassmusen is low for me now, but I will wait till read the book, that I am not going to buy in this case.

Second, he didnt see Hesjedal dope, he has no evidence.

Third: In the case he doped as MTB rider, that doent mean he did it later in the road.

Anyway, if Rassmusen say the truth, that would change my mind with Hesjedal.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Taxus4a said:
First at all:

The credibility of Rassmusen is low for me now, but I will wait till read the book, that I am not going to buy in this case.

Third: In the case he doped as MTB rider, that doent mean he did it later in the road.

Careful, you'll get splinters with all that fence sitting.

Taxus4a said:
First at all:

Yes. Rasmussen had his eyes closed when he showed the big H how to inject.

“They moved into my basement in August, before I went to the Vuelta a España, and after I had ridden the Championship of Zurich. They stayed for a fortnight. I trained with them in the Dolomites and taught them how to do vitamin injections and how to take EPO and Synacthen.”

IndianCyclist said:
I think all of the people mentioned in the book treated Rasmussen badly when he was down. This is his revenge. Since none of them are going to sue, the book must be containing the truth.

I think he's just telling his story.

Not so much about revenge even though he was badly treated.

McQuaid email being one.

This guys gets a pass.

Rasmsusen-et-Contador-930x620_scalewidth_630.jpg

You sound like this man:

“We have been sponsoring the Saxo team for six seasons [since 2008] without any problems. Rasmussen’s allegations are untrustworthy I still have full confidence in Bjarne,"

Anyway, Ryder has a problem. But I'm sure he stopped using in 2006. That's the year?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes all the english speaking riders stopped doping in 2006.

Maybe if he comes clean fast he can get his ban out of the way so he is ready to compete again in 2014. :rolleyes:

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Kompakt said:
Your initial post was about questioning the motives for Rasmussen (to write the book) and BT for publishing snippets to boost sales (as far as I know the book is published by Peoples Press which has no financial strings to BT). Politiken has also posted several snippets from the book as well.

My point being is that this is so typical for some danish fans instead of analyzing the available information they try to alter the context (in this case questioning the motives) in order to keep their existing beliefs.

Rasmussen is Danish and he plays the system. So I'm being pro Danish by questioning A Danes motives? :rolleyes:

BT do pay for gossip, interviews, quotes, etc., and do twist every story regarding celebrity to be as derogatory toward the celebrity as possible.
My post points that out.

I'm waiting for serious analysis and the DAD report, and what I read so far in Politiken was references to the BT article. Fact is if Russia invaded Finland BT would focus on a boy throwing a stone at the Russian embassy in Copenhagen, no doubt with a story about his mothers sexual habits. It's a trash paper owned by a below par Swedish media Group.

TRENDING THREADS