• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The riders aren't surprised

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sherer said:
With Omerta being so rife through the peloton i''m not sure riders would just admit what is going on to just anyone they chat to

So why did he mention it, I never even hinted at it, just asked how he found the mountains. I was quite surprised myself he even said what he did. This was the day after Sella had just won the two biggest mountain stages back to back. He was especially disbelieveing of Sella.

Of course, I thought about the struggling rider accusing the top guys angle, but when so many have since gone down, in hindsight it was very correct.

TBH, I think a lot of guys will talk in an informal, off the record kind of way, they dont want to be seen shouting about it to the media etc as they will get the reaction Offredo is now receiving.

As Paul Kimmage always says "Killing the messanger, not the message"