• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

the Shack team bus.....

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Now, I know everyone is wondering who'll be riding for "the Shack" next year..... but I can't help wondering about the team bus, with radioshack as the sponsor it should be a gadget freak's wet dream !

Anybody got any ideas on what they should fit to the bus ?

50" Plasmas.... ps3's.... wifi..... the list goes on and on.

can anybody think of a must have bus gadget for the shack to install ?

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
pmorrise said:
can anybody think of a must have bus gadget for the shack to install ?

What about those electronics kits for kids so they can make am/fm radios or learn to send morse code? I wonder if they could get those tuned into their race radio frequency?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My vote is for something to help the old men get on and off the bus. It'll probably look something like this! :p

village_bus_11.jpg

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
pRS1C-4176713w345.jpg

Garmin® Edge® 705 Outdoor Fitness GPS with Heart Monitor
One for every rider.

It's probably cheating but
PRO-197 39,000-Channel Digital Desktop Scanner
Always be in the know with this digital desktop scanner. The PRO-197 stores up to 1,800 frequencies in main memory and features 21 virtual scanner (V-Scanner) folders. It lets you search for nearby frequency transmissions and automatically jump to a found transmission. Plus, it lets you hear storm reports and more before they are broadcast on TV or radio.

Got to watch DVD'S
Hitachi UltraVision® P50V702 50" Plasma HDTV
Panasonic® SC-PTX7 DVD 80GB Home Theater System

Don't need Lance's bike stolen again
Security Labs® SLM-432 16-Channel DVR & 12 Cameras

Need translator for eveyone
Franklin® Speaking Language Master™ Electronic Dictionary

No paper trail
Fellowes® Powershred® C-220 Shredder

For the post race ride several of these
HoMedics® SBM-500H Shiatsu One Massaging Cushion
HoMedics® FM-S Foot Massager

For nostalgia
United States Postal Scales 20lb. Digital Calculating Scale

All available from the "shack"
What else does a bus need?

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I don't know what kind of Radio Shack you guys have, but if they get their equipment from the Radio Shack near MY house they can get a broken metal detector for the beach, all the parts to build half of a working radio, a remote controlled car that moves slower than my pet turtle, and all the cell phone cases they need. All at wonderfully marked up prices! At least they don't have to wait in line for all this great team bus equipment, because my Radio Shack has no customers!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah . . . my first thought of the RS team bus is if they want it full of RS bling(if that's possible) . . .they better have a repair guy handy 24/7 !

RS was/is considered the low end of quality for those who've used them over the years.

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
rgmerk said:
Hmmm... I wonder if you could buy the parts for an E-Bombat Radio Shack?

Use one of those near anybody using Di2 on their TT bike, and watch the fun begin :)

E-Bomb?? what about a remote control, especially in the mountains and he can't get out of a 53x11.

A

Anonymous

Cobber said:
My vote is for something to help the old men get on and off the bus. It'll probably look something like this! :p

village_bus_11.jpg

Dang, I am a day late and a dollar short (literally on the first). As soon as I saw the first post I knew what I wanted to post a picture of. N1 Cobber! (sorry for the online game speak, sometimes I can't help myself)

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Dang, I am a day late and a dollar short (literally on the first). As soon as I saw the first post I knew what I wanted to post a picture of. N1 Cobber! (sorry for the online game speak, sometimes I can't help myself)

me too.. i read the thread title and went off and found this without checking that someone had beaten me to it
shuttle.jpg