• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Sky-Con-O-Meter. Predictions on how much more ridiculous they can get

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
VeloGirl said:
With EBH in white, Cav in green and maybe Froome in polka dots?

With a little effort, I think they can do it

With little high cadence, 'incredible pedigree', and a superior work ethic to the rest of those lazy SOBs.

British pluck you know.

/vomit/

thehog said:
I want Valverde and Kloden to latch on th back and move themselves up to 4th & 5th respectively. I want a doping Top 5.

nah, these guys are totally off the juice now. did you see how bad they were today? how about Leipheimer too? he couldn't even keep up with the breakaway for more than 3km. it was hilarious. at one point you had Basso, Vino, Scarponi, Valverde, Leipheimer all falling off the back together. the Puertobus.

zlev11 said:
nah, these guys are totally off the juice now. did you see how bad they were today? how about Leipheimer too? he couldn't even keep up with the breakaway for more than 3km. it was hilarious. at one point you had Basso, Vino, Scarponi, Valverde, Leipheimer all falling off the back together. the Puertobus.

Beautifully done.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
zlev11 said:

Poor Scarponi - I imagine he was calling up on the rest day and getting:
The doping Doctor you have called is not available at the moment, he may have his unit powered off or may be in hiding, please try later.

As for Sky - I think they will get EBH or Porte to wait for Siutsou's leg to heal, and then pace him back by riding day and night to join in the team ride on the Champs.

zlev11 said:

Can you imagine the conversation in this group as they went out the back?

Valverde looked across at Vino and shrugged his shoulders. Basso looked at Scarponi and just shook his head. Levi said no comment with a smile. And they all cycled off into the evening sun. What used to be.

Meanwhile up front Froome was doing his impression of how to hold your breath whilst cycling up a 14km mountain at record speed.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Let's not forget that Basso and Scarponi peaked for the Giro and Zapatero was in the long break the day before. Piti has had a good comeback year all in all.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I can be pretty damned confident about it. I was confident with Stephen Schumacher. Same with Ricco and Armstrong and Indurain. We have seen this farce too many times.

Forget Wiggins. Rogers is the tell.

Rogers is not the tell. Porte is. His performance on the Col de Richermont was pretty awesome considering what Nibali did.

mthead14 said:
I would appreciate a closing speech about believing in miracles. that would be pretty sweet.

Wigans' closing speech.

"********. I have something to say to you ****ing ****ers before you lazy ****s go back to your miserable lives. You ****s are jealous of me because none of you *******s ever worked hard at ****ing anything. Your spite and bile are disgusting. ********! I now understand what my good friend Lance Armstrong has had to put up with all these years. Well, **** you. **** you all. I am sorry you cannot believe in ****ing miracles, ****s. This is one hell of a ****ing race. This is a great ****ing sporting event and you idle ****ers should stand around and believe it. You *******s should believe in me. ****ing ****s. I'll be a fan of the ****ing Tour de ****ing France as long as I ****ing live. There are no secrets, ****s. That is why I saw no reason to have Paul Kimmage, that ****, that low life omerta breaking ****ing **** of a scribbler, anywhere near me or my ****ing team. This is a hard sporting event and hard work--something you ****ing ****s know nothing about--wins it. So Vive le ****ing Tour forever! That's all, mother****ers."

"Now, give me my ****ing trophy."

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Wigans' closing speech.

"********. I have something to say to you ****ing ****ers before you lazy ****s go back to your miserable lives. You ****s are jealous of me because none of you *******s ever worked hard at ****ing anything. Your spite and bile are disgusting. ********! I now understand what my good friend Lance Armstrong has had to put up with all these years. Well, **** you. **** you all. I am sorry you cannot believe in ****ing miracles, ****s. This is one hell of a ****ing race. This is a great ****ing sporting event and you idle ****ers should stand around and believe it. You *******s should believe in me. ****ing ****s. I'll be a fan of the ****ing Tour de ****ing France as long as I ****ing live. There are no secrets, ****s. That is why I saw no reason to have Paul Kimmage, that ****, that low life omerta breaking ****ing **** of a scribbler, anywhere near me or my ****ing team. This is a hard sporting event and hard work--something you ****ing ****s know nothing about--wins it. So Vive le ****ing Tour forever! That's all, mother****ers."

I feel sorry for you guys that you dont believe in miracles.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cav aint gonna be happy, with all the focus on them being a dirty team. And Cav is so funny when he cracks the $hits and then throws the dummy (c bike) outta the pram

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
yourwelcome said:
With little high cadence, 'incredible pedigree', and a superior work ethic to the rest of those lazy SOBs.

British pluck you know.

/vomit/
stiff upper lip

stiff lower lip

Cav had collagen

+ stiff something else cos of excess hormones and testosterone :D

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
The Valley said:
But I'd bet my last pound that Bradley Wiggins is not doping.

You think Wiggins is clean but not the others ?? a 3rd tier rider got caugh using!!! they all dope, some more than others.. Wiggins is on a new fancy drug, it will take around 3-6 years before there will be a test for it and then your opinion nor mine will matter anyway.

I hope both Wiggins and Froome crash and abandon, that would be the best for the race at this point, else we might aswell watch another race, since its a done deal

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I can be pretty damned confident about it. I was confident with Stephen Schumacher. Same with Ricco and Armstrong and Indurain. We have seen this farce too many times.

Rogers! The #7 train steaming up the cols again is a sight to behold. Ah, the wonders of clean living.

I want to see Sky re-enact the Mapei trifecta on the next mountain stage. Froome, Wiggins, and Porte finish 1, 2, 3. With Rogers coming in fifth to ensure historical accuracy.

But what I'll probably see is Wiggins reaching around to give Froome the mobile dutch rudder at 30 km/h on an 8 degree incline if Froome promises not to drop him.

The Puertobus
Brilliant!

BroDeal said:

Thank-you. This is all I ask. Is that people trust their own eyes. Does it actually look real? We all know deep down if something is authentic or not.

It's clearly obvious what's going on. You don't need power readings or average speeds you can just tell from watching the Tour for the last however many years that what we're seeing today is doping.

The Tour hasn't been won this far out by holding onto yellow since 1981. No team has lead the peloton to protect yellow for as many days for 30+ years.

Seriously can these guys keep going for another 10 days? Day after day?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
La Vie Claire said:
Same here. I stopped following cycling during the Indurain, Chiapucci and Rominger years. Up until that time, cycling talent manifested itself very early. Then all of the sudden, these second tier riders began dominating. I remember Rominger's explanation. It was his allergies for his hitherto poor performance!

LOL.

... and here some more late bloomers
Wiggins it was alcohol sickness
Pharmstrong it was cancer which hold him back :)rolleyes:)
Froome it´s bilharzia (Which i can understand, if true, b/c it directly influences blood. But still it doesn´t explain his non performance before bilharzia)

... and 70-80% have allergies.

Omg, all those half dead riders should stop cycling and cure their illnesses. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

La Vie Claire said:
Same here. I stopped following cycling during the Indurain, Chiapucci and Rominger years. Up until that time, cycling talent manifested itself very early. Then all of the sudden, these second tier riders began dominating. I remember Rominger's explanation. It was his allergies for his hitherto poor performance!

If I remember correctly.

Bugno found out he was lactose intolerant and there was something about his ears that caused balance problems.

Chiapucci miraculous transformation was explained by him training and racing more. Really.

Indurain lost weight. Aside from improving his climbing, it somehow enabled him to take four minutes out of his rivals in a single time trial.

Rominger solved his allergy problems except at the Tour.

Everyone had an excuse.

BroDeal said:
If I remember correctly.

Bugno found out he was lactose intolerant and there was something about his ears that caused balance problems.

Chiapucci miraculous transformation was explained by him training and racing more. Really.

Indurain lost weight. Aside from improving his climbing, it somehow enabled him to take four minutes out of his rivals in a single time trial.

Everyone had an excuse.

I think the problem was more 'between the ears' with Gianni.

Not sure what that says about me. I still have Gatorade kit.

Dave.

BroDeal said:
If I remember correctly.

Everyone had an excuse.

If I recall correctly Chiapucci said something about his mom was now cooking him more healthy food instead of the fatty Italian crap she used to make him before he got "serious about trying win." I'm dead serious, the dude really did live in his mom's basement and that's no exageration.

Okay, help me out here, I'm trying to think about what teams are or not more ridiculous than the current Sky train from the past 15 years or so:

1. Gewiss LBL 1 2 3 on Ferarri's "orange juice"
2. US Postal Blue Train
3. T-Mobile Freiburg clinic advertisement
4. Phonak full team bust and fold (15 to 1 T/E yo!)
5. ONCE? Manolo all by himself more ridiculous?
6. Domo Farm Frites PR 1 2 3 (Knaven representin')
7. Festina (Tears of a Richard)

I dunno, it's all so silly at this point.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
nuggs1 said:
the ignorance of people when they think they know someone from one interview which lasted no more than 3 mins is outstanding

maybe they should look in the mirror before slandering other people for doping.

You're the ignorant one. And ignorant of your own ignorance. A winning combination.

All the people on this board have followed all of Wiggins' interviews. The collective wealth of knowledge here is really quite amazing.

So amazing, in fact, that Brailsford is considering sacking Leinders as a direct result of it. (If you can believe a word that weasel says.)

BroDeal said:
Wigans' closing speech.

Brilliant work, how long did it take to write that speech?

TRENDING THREADS