• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Sports Illustrated Article

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
SI will surely include the comments made by Chantal Jouanno. I am still wondering why LA's legal team would not have gone after her if she was off base. AS we just saw, I hope the 99 samples are not a big part of the case, if everything pivots on that it will never go to court

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Follow up

Granville57 said:

Thanks for the links--I'm not sure I have it straight yet...so,...

Catlin was an Armstrong prop, used as a set piece in the shell game? Once the "most tested athlete in the history of sport and the universe" meme was established, actual testing was no longer necessary? Or did Catlin realize he had sold his integrity at the press conference and thought better of taking actual contract money for it?

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
skippythepinhead said:
Thanks for the links--I'm not sure I have it straight yet...so,...

Catlin was an Armstrong prop, used as a set piece in the shell game? Once the "most tested athlete in the history of sport and the universe" meme was established, actual testing was no longer necessary? Or did Catlin realize he had sold his integrity at the press conference and thought better of taking actual contract money for it?

Catlin's resident friend and colleague will soon appear and defend him to the death.