• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The thank you Betsy, Greg and Travis poll

Who do you want to thank the most (multiple choice)?

• I'm still waiting for the whole enchilada

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is a thank you poll.

(Sorry, meant to turn on multiple choice)

Without the honesty, integrity and incredible resolve through seemingly endless personal targeting, of a couple of key individuals, we would not have seen the important verdict we received today.

Lance has now been slapped twice by a Federal Judge.

Once for a Press Release masquerading as a complaint, and the second time for a press campaign that had no valid complaint. To reinforce the point, Lance was warned in the first and made responsible for the court costs in the second.

The final episode in righting Lance's doping wrongs has yet to be completed.

Today's verdict, however, fully exposes the Lance charade for what it truly is. An exercise in outright deception.

Dave.

May 10, 2011
Visit site
As much as I don't want to admit it, you could actually thank Floyd Landis for causing so much of a crazy stink that a Federal Investigator couldn't help but get involved.

I picked Tygart though for staying the course.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I tried multiple, but not possible. :confused:
Then i was going with Betsy. I also thank Sparks for not being corrupt like that black evil (Birotte). Thanks to Tygat & his team so far. I hope he stays strong.
Also to mention are those who looked under the carpet first (Walsh, Ressiot, Kimmage) and may invited some riders to talk openly.
Thanks to Landis, of course. And Tyler... and so many others, like Simeoni who AFIR gave the link to Dr. Epo.

what about "all of the above (minus sparks)".

i chose lemond only cuz he was really the first big name and took more heat than anyone.

however, betsy is close to my heart.

and i emailed usada and travis to thank them for their efforts on behalf of clean athletes expressing my concern and encouragement that they not bend to the incredible blowback they must be getting. they emailed me back thanking me for my support and restating their commitment.

what about walsh...the first journalist to ask the right questions?

but, yeah, in the end, i'm still waiting for the whole enchilada...

I'm thinking Betsy. Tygart and Sparks are just doing their jobs, after all, and LeMond was backed by his fame and his status as a cycling great. Betsy didn't have any of that, but she risked what she had for the sake of her principles, when not saying anything would have made her life much easier and she didn't have anything to gain from speaking the truth.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll thank all of them, and Floyd for pulling the pin on the grenade (I still fondly remember the day his email was published, I sat there with my mouth open repeating "no ****ing way! no ****ing way!), and Tyler also for having the guts to get honest about what happened.

I will wait to decide if I will thank any of the people who provided the USADA evidence as I don't question that some did give good info, but I do question some of their motives. Hincapie in particular.

Lemond=Jose Canseco

maybe Lance can try to dig up those 10 people he claimed would say they saw Greg dope, bring them into court, & get them to testify on his behalf? Still wouldnt do any good, ahh well.

Btw, people *****ed about how they wanted the sport cleaned up, how do you do that? You go after the.biggest dog in the yard, punish him HARSHLY & the others will fall in line.

I want to thank all the people who have turned completely away from pro cycling once they realized how dirty and corrupt it is. Those fans and sponsors are the only real agents for change in this sport, and I am grateful to them.

Until it comes out to the whole world that Lance doped, and roll cant go on respected media stations saying that its just unsubstantiated allegations, and trolls dont patroll the entire internets apart from the clinic saying that there is no evidence that lance doped, and Ligget resigns as promised, and people claiming to be winning TDFs in the name of clean cycling risk a backlash by mentioning him as the ultimate inspiration to everything they do, and he isnt being called the greatest cyclist ever (which he never should be anyway) and he isnt taking up Mercx's place in greatest athletes ever lists etc etc etc.

Until then i will not celebrate victory. What good is it atm that he lost a court case if the oficial and popular view is that he is a clean 7 time tdf winner.

The Hitch said:
Until it comes out to the whole world that Lance doped, and roll cant go on respected media stations saying that its just unsubstantiated allegations, and trolls dont patroll the entire internets apart from the clinic saying that there is no evidence that lance doped, and Ligget resigns as promised, and people claiming to be winning TDFs in the name of clean cycling risk a backlash by mentioning him as the ultimate inspiration to everything they do, and he isnt being called the greatest cyclist ever (which he never should be anyway) and he isnt taking up Mercx's place in greatest athletes ever lists etc etc etc.

Until then i will not celebrate victory. What good is it atm that he lost a court case if the oficial and popular view is that he is a clean 7 time tdf winner.

This!

I'm still nervous that something goes wrong and the USADA case results to nothing, and won't celebrate until Lance is ripped of his titles and treated as a disgusting scumbag that he actually is in the mainstream media.

The Hitch said:

Ok, but that is a different poll!

Dave.

Floyd Landis and Travis Tygart.

Floyd's the one that got the ball rolling, and despite the fact that he's been marginalized in the kangaroo court of public opinion and has taken enough heat to roast a pig, told his story and stuck to his guns.

Too bad it took someone like him who was blackballed out of the pro peloton and had nothing to lose, but that's usually the case in situations like this.

Tygart for having the juevos to gather the necessary evidence and pounce despite the fact that Armstrong is a cultural icon and has been a generator of millions of dollars for many corporate interests.

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Yup. If there's anything that you can count on, it's that LA will go down swinging.

Counting-chickens-B4-Hatched.jpg

Altitude said:
Not even remotely close.

Actually.he's more like Canseco than you think. Canseco from the beginning said others doped & no one believed him. Greg claimed Pharmstrong doped from the beginning & very few believed him. It was only after Canseco mentioned names that it.came out. Lemond.....we'll be owing him a HUGE apology(well, not me) shortly. Looks like he was telling the truth afterall.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
To all those and more.

Regardless of the end result.

This is part of an ongoing war?. With LA a skirmish, well major battle really, in that war, with Floyd the tipping point (probably).

So to those above, those that FoxxyBrown1111, MarkvW mentioned thank you.

As Hitch indicates, the LA battle is a long way from over...let alone the war.

However, regardless of this or later outcomes, Thank you. Because I recon the world is a better place than it would have been but for their actions.

Betsy did het civil duty. Sparks his job. Travis his job.
Greg likely knew what he was up against, and had a lot to lose (like a bike brand, and he did), going agaist the omerta. His legs had retired, he now had to fight in courtroom and with his business smarts.
I thank Greg. He's been pure in all this. I bet that without him, we'd be talking about 8 or 9 fraudulent TdF wins.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
definitely too early to celebrate...but i'll bite.

if there is one person to thank the most it is lance himself.

for being an oversized, intransigent, vindictive jerk.

we would never witness his unwinding without the maniacal insistence on dominating everyone and crushing everything that did not bend to his will... i never commented on his commercial activities and profiting from cancer victims...b/c it's too ugly for me even to touch !!

as to the one single person who inflicted the biggest damage to the fraudster it is unquestionably jeff novizki. though he was prevented from finishing his job, the 2nd most appropriate person for the title of the dragon-slayer is tygert.

and of course, the spark to the flame that will eventually consume the myth was floyd. i must give him his due though i am still conflicted as to his eventual legacy and role.

greg lemond, though an outstanding contributor, i dont think should be overpraised. he has proven that he was and still is the most outstanding and clean american cyclist. i would just leave it at that.

an betsy is betsy - a personification of what armstrong is not NOT and could never be !!

python said:
definitely too early to celebrate...but i'll bite...an betsy is betsy - a personification of what armstrong is not NOT and could never be !!

hrotha said:
I'm thinking Betsy....she risked what she had for the sake of her principles, when not saying anything would have made her life much easier and she didn't have anything to gain from speaking the truth.

Yup, I'm going with Betsy. An individual, not backed by fame, fortune, business interest or government, went toe to toe against the Lance Machine that 8000 posts in the Lance thread thought was powerful enough to influence Judge Sparks and derail USADA (and many also believe had enough political clout to get the FDA fraud case dropped by Borat).

And she has never caved in. That takes some cojones lol

TRENDING THREADS