• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The thank you Betsy, Greg and Travis poll

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who do you want to thank the most (multiple choice)?

• I'm still waiting for the whole enchilada

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
hrotha said:
I'm thinking Betsy. Tygart and Sparks are just doing their jobs, after all, and LeMond was backed by his fame and his status as a cycling great. Betsy didn't have any of that, but she risked what she had for the sake of her principles, when not saying anything would have made her life much easier and she didn't have anything to gain from speaking the truth.

Ditto. With perhaps a little more thought for LeMond in second and all the other unnamed souls who got badly treated

This thread deserves a bump.

Especially with today's CN article:

Betsy Andreu: No longer a voice in the wilderness

Among other things, I have always been impressed with how consistent her story is.

The truth shall set you free!

“The hardest point? It was 2006 when Armstrong was going around decimating me. He was on television shows and he had this platform and he was just merciless. I didn’t have a say and very few people believed me. Very few. That was hard. I was just a voice in the wilderness that very few heard.”

Thanks Betsy.

And this is a very strong endorsement for JV:

“Of all the guys Frankie has ever ridden with, two people supported Frankie. One was Greg LeMond, the other was JV. JV was the only teammate, the only one, who supported us from the very beginning through this thing. Frankie even told me that JV hated the doping culture as much as Frankie did. Maybe they were the sacrificial lambs. ..."

Dave.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Betsy Andreu and just below her I add Emma O'Reilly

Walsh Tweeted this.

David Walsh ‏@DavidWalshST

Betsy says when Juliet Macur of the NYT tried to get one of cycling wives or partners to say something supportive about Betsy, she failed.

Might they have been the same wives and partners who aided and abetted their husbands' doping? Of course they were.

None of the riders who testified come close to these 2 women.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Mishrak said:
As much as I don't want to admit it, you could actually thank Floyd Landis for causing so much of a crazy stink that a Federal Investigator couldn't help but get involved.

I picked Tygart though for staying the course.

Yep, regardless of how you feel about Floyd, if he doesn't decide to come clean in 2010, Lance and his millions of fans would still be talking a lot of smack about how he's never failed a drug test...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I voted for Betsy since the beginning.
Plus, my avatar speaks for itself.
Also to mention JV: If he didn´t told his riders to tell the truth no matter what, we certainly wouldn´t have such a strong case.
And as i mentioned in another thread today: Damien Ressiot gave us the only hope between 2005 and 2010 when Landis came up.
Always thankful to Kimmage and Walsh of course. Lemond for sure, and Hamilton to back up Landis when he was pretty much alone...
I might have forgotten some. So thanks to all i havn´t mentioned.
Special thanks to RaceRadio. He was always optimistic when the depression set in at the clinic, especially after that Friday before the Superbowl...

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Also to mention JV: If he didn´t told his riders to tell the truth no matter what, we certainly wouldn´t have such a strong case.
And as i mentioned in another thread today: Damien Ressiot gave us the only hope between 2005 and 2010 when Landis came up.
Always thankful to Kimmage and Walsh of course. Lemond for sure, and Hamilton to back up Landis when he was pretty much alone...
Special thanks to RaceRadio. He was always optimistic when the depression set in at the clinic, especially after that Friday before the Superbowl...[/QUOTE]

Definitely.

Loved his quarter-by-quarter analogy.

I am still looking forward to the fourth quarter. It feels a bit like we are watching the half-time show right now.

It's going to be a blowout.

Dave.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Quite alot of people still nervous about Lance making some Hail Mary pass and salvaging something here. Not a chance! He is Donald Ducked. A death spiral is the correct term, its just picking up speed.

Its all completely his own fault too. If he hadn't been such a ballbag to everyone he'd still be an American hero, no doubt.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
thank you betsy for staying the course and finally showing what a punk hincapie is. he's sorry alright. sorry he got caught. sorry he ratted off his hero.

but big george has his millions, podium girl, lambo etc.

he's sorry alright. toady. fraud. mr. gonna set a good example...my ***

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
They all deserve thanks. However, I voted for Tygart. He had the fortitude to see this thing through despite intense political pressure, and even death threats. He and his staff also deserve our gratitude for the sustained effort they put into this investigation & resulting report. I'd love to see Tygart win Time magazine's "Person of the Year" award. His contribution in the fight against PEDs has been nothing short of spectacular.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
AcademyCC said:
Quite alot of people still nervous about Lance making some Hail Mary pass and salvaging something here. Not a chance! He is Donald Ducked. A death spiral is the correct term, its just picking up speed.

Its all completely his own fault too. If he hadn't been such a ballbag to everyone he'd still be an American hero, no doubt.

if he hadn't of made his "comeback" he might have gotten away with it. but lance had to rub our face in it all the while pretending he was back for cancer victims.

then he cheated and tried to steal the TDF victory from his own team mate. i hope he loses everything or at least has the ball to confess.......

Pazuzu said:
They all deserve thanks. However, I voted for Tygart. He had the fortitude to see this thing through despite intense political pressure, and even death threats. He and his staff also deserve our gratitude for the sustained effort they put into this investigation & resulting report. I'd love to see Tygart win Time magazine's "Person of the Year" award. His contribution in the fight against PEDs has been nothing short of spectacular.

I'm voting for Betsy because I have a special affinity for her. I see Betsy and myself as having similar personalities....you need to be strong and stand up for yourself..especially as a female when it seems like you have to sometimes stand twice as strong..

These comments about Travis are spot on. He is a hero.

The problem with a poll is that it makes you choose only one...bad option here.
:)

ChewbaccaD said:
I'll thank all of them, and Floyd for pulling the pin on the grenade (I still fondly remember the day his email was published, I sat there with my mouth open repeating "no ****ing way! no ****ing way!), and Tyler also for having the guts to get honest about what happened.

I will wait to decide if I will thank any of the people who provided the USADA evidence as I don't question that some did give good info, but I do question some of their motives. Hincapie in particular.

That was a special day! Adrenaline was running..:D

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Special thanks to RaceRadio. He was always optimistic when the depression set in at the clinic, especially after that Friday before the Superbowl...
+1.

Plus Lemond gave support to Betsy and Frankie.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Excellent thread.

Yes, thanks to Betsy, Greg, Emma.

Betsy and Emma both paid a heavy price. Greg, of course, paid with the loss of his bike brand.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My vote goes to Betsy. All are good choices but it's hardest to be the first to take an unpopular step, especially with nothing to gain and much to lose. I doubt most of us would have done the same.

TRENDING THREADS