• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The thread of "Neilson Powless is not powerless anymore thread"

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe, but that 'slide down the leader board' isn't very far because there aren't that many other guys who will be around to slide past him.
Hmm, the 5 guys immediately behind him in GC: Mas. Martinez, Quintana, Vlasov, Roglic—are much better climbers in high mountains (though injuries could cancel that I suppose), and G. Martin and Uran likely are as well. The only one in front of him I expect to drop a bunch of time (somewhere along the way) is Pidcock. So, optimistically maybe he could end up in top 15, with a slight chance for top 10, and a slight chance he’ll lose an hour somewhere.

Reactions: Bolder and perico
Hmm, the 5 guys immediately behind him in GC: Mas. Martinez, Quintana, Vlasov, Roglic—are much better climbers in high mountains (though injuries could cancel that I suppose), and G. Martin and Uran likely are as well. The only one in front of him I expect to drop a bunch of time (somewhere along the way) is Pidcock. So, optimistically maybe he could end up in top 15, with a slight chance for top 10, and a slight chance he’ll lose an hour somewhere.
Agreed. Top 10 is possible, but he isn’t climbing with Mas, Yates, not even to mention Roglic who will likely fly up the standings.

Will have to

Very realistic assessment, I think.

Anyone else found Powless' tactics at the beggining of today's stage weird? Attacking alone from km 0 and then riding solo on the flat terrain for several kilometers while everyone else rode in the wheels must have not been good for his chances later in the stage.

TRENDING THREADS