• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Tour de France is over after stage 4

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
It's 25--DM the Kazakh.

ok i stand corrected..

i stupidly beleived what the commentors where telling me, and i couldnt make out the number. i need to get HD :D

Edit: just got to 53k, and contador appears in the front group.. both commentators say its the first time hes been seen in the group, first time i was able find him and ive just done 70k to 53k on slo mo.. i was making lunch at this point and relying on audio.. :D

i still think hes got the tactical awareness of a teapot playing chess

dimspace said:
ok i stand corrected..

i stupidly beleived what the commentors where telling me, and i couldnt make out the number. i need to get HD :D

Edit: just got to 53k, and contador appears in the front group.. both commentators say its the first time hes been seen in the group, first time i was able find him and ive just done 70k to 53k on slo mo.. i was making lunch at this point and relying on audio.. :D

i still think hes got the tactical awareness of a teapot playing chess

The first group was really bunched together for a good while, which didn't allow for the cameras to pan. If he was caught in the second group, it was small enough for the cameras to pick his small frame out quite quickly. ***At least on Versus in HD.***

Jul 7, 2009
www.dhbc.org.au
colwildcat said:
We get it, most of you hate Lance.

I find it funny that you bristle so at the coverage. This is a US based network, covering the race for US fans, a vast majority of who did not watch the Tour when Lance was not in it. Their ratings sucked. So, he's back in, and the only American hope for placing anywhere near the top, no disrespect to VDV. They are bound to slant their coverage to the US rider that is extremely popular, everywhere but these forums it seems. Did you all get so offended at the coverage Phelps got at the Olympics?

I find it amusing that someone in this forum mentioned '08 as being a "classic" TDF. IT was a boring race, with very few attacks, won by a guy who broke away on one stage. Sorry, found it completely uninteresting. Yes, it was an open field, but it was an open field lacking a true champion.

This year, with all the politics and infighting, along with the fact that guys like Evans and Menchov will be forced to try to attack as is their teams were pathetic yesterday, is shaping this one to be the best Tours I can remember watching. Oh, and don't start with the 70's history lesson, I wasn't alive then.

The racing is far from over. I still think AC wins this thing by quite a bit, but it will be fun to watch.

Funny, I'm watching it in Australia on SBS TV with, I assume, different commentators (Paul Sherwen & Phil Liggot). They are obsessed with LA whilst the rest of us are interested in the race and a broad spread of riders. Don't assume we're all American - other countries do exist!

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
After today's slaughter, I just can't see this tour anymore or expect anything else of what is evident to come !! even to the point that as much as I hate to see LA pulling his eight title, It seems inevitable-Contador will be second and Leech-aimer/Kloden third.
for those like me who still love & practice cycling, today is just a funeral--waiting a god damn year to watch the tour and the entire race is already decided.....
feel free to opine

God's last name is not damn.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Spelling Mistakes

hfer07 said:
-Well you just said it!! back in 03-the battle was to get SECOND PLACE- Beloki was out due to that crash & Ullrich was way behind after the TTT-- The only reason for all the attacks was based on LA suffering from dehydration- so anybody could get back time on him-- other than that-the tour was already over.
If you compare that with what's going on now- you must be naive not to realize what is evident, but just in case I'm going to spell it for you once more:
*Tour Winner: AC or LA-just don't even look further
Top 10 seperated by less than 2 minutes after 14 stages ??????[/B]
*Team Winner: Astana 5-23 down[/B]
*Green Jersey: Cav already owns it-Posession is 9/10ths of the law and Thor holds it after 14 stages and Cav aint gettin over the Alps
*White Jersey: Roman Kreuziger Tony Martin by 1-40
*Polka dot Jersey: it really matters? Probably one of the most closely contested competitions so yeah it does matter

Any more spellings you need help with just let me know:D

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I haven't read all the posts but, it was a pretty interesting race! I just didn't like Contador's attacking which resulted in the Schleck win. He imposed himself, but I wish he had measured himself and let the old man of cycling have kept his 2nd place, 'cause he sure smoked him easily in the time trial! :)