• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Tour de Oprah (WT) (1 team of 1 rider) Live Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
What NOT to expect

LanceOprah2.jpg

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I am hoping for a few bombshells and I am hopeful that Oprah will do a good job with the interview.

I think you are going to be disappointed. Both with the lack of bombshells and Oprah's interviewing skills. Basically no chance she realized she had to do a good job and asked the tough/right questions.

It would be good to be wrong though.

Amsterhammer said:
How unladylike of you. :D

Ok, be honest...hands up all those who have already wet themselves.:p

Perhaps the word didn't get out, set the recorder for an hour and a half. Apparently the abundance of valuable information left the editors with very little material to be left on the cutting room floor (haha! Maybe it all should have gone there?). They extended at least the first segment.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
Remember Oprah said he didn't come clean. Don't raise your expectations. Armstrong will always look out only for himself.

she said he didn't come clean in the way she expected. now what that means all depends on what Oprahs preconceptions of how the interview would go were

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Can't believe that it soon will be all over for Armstrong, no more lies!!!! :):):)

If only that were true. I get the feeling instead of a confession and a bit of remorse, we will witness Armstrong become indignant (perhaps defiant), and dumping blame everywhere except for on himself. I don't know if Armstrong knows what being truthful and forthcoming is. This d-bag is a piece of work - which is the best I can say about him.

Still, I will submit to watching the interview. I know it will be a train wreck - but I have to watch.

First post!

Today's stage begins with a neutralised start in which the participants will take in a ceremonial 15 minutes of Lance's triumphant backstory before the flag will be waved and the interview proper will get underway.

From there the peloton will head towards the first of the big admissions of the day, the Col del a Idopedyouknow, also known as the "Gateway to Redemption", how well this admission is handed will most likely be an indicator of what to expect for the rest of the stage.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Carlo Algatrensig said:
she said he didn't come clean in the way she expected. now what that means all depends on what Oprahs preconceptions of how the interview would go were
Calculated to add some suspense and draw a bigger audience.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think we will see Armstrong in his most manipulative form yet. This is not motivated by any guilt or remorse. This is all about limiting his financial loss, and trying to compete again. Don't let any tears pursuade you otherwise. Betsy said it best, "he's a chameleon."

I anticipate being hugely disappointed by his interview.
How long does it take to say you doped like a fiend while carrying out a scorched earth policy against all your dectractors?
Ten, twenty minutes, maybe?
Two episodes means a ton of filler designed to soften the blow to those who love Lance.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
the delgados said:
How long does it take to say you doped like a fiend while carrying out a scorched earth policy against all your dectractors?
Two episodes means a ton of filler designed to soften the blow to those who love Lance.

I don't know how the Lance lovers could be softened or willing to forgive such a man. I am quite anxious going into this for some reason.

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm as full of anticipation and glee for this interview as I usually am for Paris-Roubaix, the Giro, and the Tour combined. I need professional help.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
spiaggia said:
I'm as full of anticipation and glee for this interview as I usually am for Paris-Roubaix, the Giro, and the Tour combined. I need professional help.
Your therapy session is about to start.
Relax, lay back and enjoy.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
the delgados said:

Or it means lots and lots of new details and revelations on the entire thing.

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
TheEnoculator said:
Remember Oprah said he didn't come clean. Don't raise your expectations. Armstrong will always look out only for himself.

She did not say that he did not come clean. She said he came clean in a way that was not expected or something like that.

She also said some of his words were "riveting" -- keep in mind I am no fan of Lance...

Here we go!

TRENDING THREADS