• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Tour de Oprah (WT) (1 team of 1 rider) Live Thread

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Microchip said:
Oprah did ask about Kristin's knowledge of the organized doping and he gave a very watery answer about it, trying his best not to actually say "she knew and participated".

Thanks.

Yet another example that even when he tries to tell the truth (e.g. he and Kristin discussed doping), he can't help himself but to jump into another lie (she didn't know about it).

He would be better served to utilize his Deposition strategy: I can't remember.

I counted those up at one point. I think the tally was close to 200.

Dave.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Now it's Kristin's turn to exploit her children:

http://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/valor

According to her definition of courage, her ex-husband must be the biggest coward in the world:

Courage is not only manifested in major moments. Sometimes it is quieter. Sometimes it is a series of small moments or choices that brand the brave. Sometimes it is not big or flashy at all. Sometimes it means taking the high road for so long that you can finally turn off your GPS. Sometimes courage is exhibited in people who simply continue to do the next right thing. People who do the ordinary with great character, and only think they are doing what is expected. Some of the bravest people simply do what they need to do and never consider anything special or unique about it. Courage is all around us, yet because bravery and bravado are not the same thing, it often goes unseen, or seen but unrecognized.

I still can't understand how women adore this pointless drivel.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
thirteen said:
i found it nauseating, but no more so than your sexist comment.

Her column appears under the "women's running" area of the magazine. I didn't come up with that title - the magazine did. Look at the comments under that column -- ALL were by women. She was not a runner before starting the column, and the only two things she brought was her last name and the fact that she's a woman. The FACT is that that column is written to appeal to women, and the fact is that it works damn well.

Don't be so quick to play the sexist card when it clearly doesn't apply.

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
I'm a runner..
I can't stand her stuff. she wants to be recognized as a runner and be an important voice in running and I wish she would just go away.

That magazine fills a recreational niche like 'comfort bikes' in the world of cycling...

Next up could be a column listing the contents of the "backpack of sadness" each week.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Bosco10 said:
Kristin should get a job writing weepy sympathy cards.

Might we allow ourselves to admit to the concept that LA was in fact a product of his society, that he was allowed to do what he did? Encouraged by every exploiting force within his sport (and all those who enjoyed the fruits of his labour). Wasn't he just the antithesis of all the hero worship.
This is like Jimmy Saville, blame it all on a dead guy. Only in the case of LA he has to be killed off first.

horsinabout said:
Might we allow ourselves to admit to the concept that LA was in fact a product of his society, that he was allowed to do what he did? Encouraged by every exploiting force within his sport (and all those who enjoyed the fruits of his labour). Wasn't he just the antithisis of it all.
This is like Jimmy Saville, blame it all on a dead guy. Only in the case of LA he has to be killed off first.

Sure. Trying not to employ too strident an analogy here, but:

Just as Joe McCarthy was a product of his.

Dave.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
I'm a runner..
I can't stand her stuff. she wants to be recognized as a runner and be an important voice in running and I wish she would just go away.

That magazine fills a recreational niche like 'comfort bikes' in the world of cycling...

Does she write it or does someone ring her for a quick interview then ghost writes it.

Whoever it is, it is drivel.

Benotti69 said:
Does she write it or does someone ring her for a quick interview then ghost writes it.

Whoever it is, it is drivel.

I believe she 'prides' herself on being a writer....
it brings her closure and inner peace ...:rolleyes:

fine with me if she writes..I do not care to read her opinions and advice on running. I don't read that mag anyway...

hmm...i think I will start a blog in Compressed Air Digest...I'm sure I could become an expert in a short amount of time and write inspiring prose :D

horsinabout said:
Might we allow ourselves to admit to the concept that LA was in fact a product of his society, that he was allowed to do what he did? Encouraged by every exploiting force within his sport (and all those who enjoyed the fruits of his labour). Wasn't he just the antithesis of all the hero worship.

Really, so Lance has no responsibility for his cheating and bullying.

TRENDING THREADS