• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The truth about L.A

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
mikkemus23 said:
Well well, will she say that if/when federal investigator Jeff Novitzky comes a-knockin?
And is it believable that she hasnt been in communication with anyone alse, not even Armstrong or his advisors?

Aim for a 3, Novitzky!

Her memory might improve with immunity but, as I mentioned earlier; she is party to the civil if not the criminal fraud. She played the dutiful wife and PR honcho before, during and after his ascent to the Tour podium. Because she profited from the program it's possible every sponsor or business person with an ax to grind will sue her, as well. The Feds can't protect her from that unless her testimony is sealed at a Grand Jury.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Neworld said:
I like Kirsten's response..."I don't recall that". Sounds a lot like Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North and the South American investigation with Noriega.] Iran Contra scandal

NW

Did lance nail Fawn Hall?

You do realize that "sometimes you have to go above the written law.":rolleyes:

Roland Rat said:
As I've mentioned in another thread, she doesn't deny the possibility of it having happened. If someone claimed they saw my g/f deal drugs in my presence I'd be more like "WTF? Of course not", than "No, I can't remember that happening...".

It's hilarious. It's like she's not even trying to sound plausible. You'd think she could come up with something sensible to say. Even if you're determined to give a non-denial denial you could say that Lance regularly shared boxes of cycling kit with teammates so she wouldn't know if something more dodgy was being transferred - I don't know, surely you'd come up with something vaguely plausible rather than 'oh, he might have given him drugs, why would I remember a little thing like that?'

A

Anonymous

wb7yqg.jpg

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Being a Marine Biologist, the time I waste thinking about the Lance Case could be much better spent finishing articles for the Crustaceana Journal.

But anyway, what I want to know.....How did Lance get last-minute reservations at Nice's "La Petite Maison" earlier tonite? The waiting list there is months long I understand. Who did he have to bribe??

"Every night is a party at Nicole Rubi's superb restaurant La Petite Maison. The glittering celebrity hangout that serves delicious eclectic food in the heart of Nice"

Read more at Suite101: La Petite Maison Restaurant in Nice - a Review: Gourmet Dining with the Stars in the South of France http://european-culinary-travel.sui...a_petite_maison_restaurant_nice#ixzz0ozFDGKzJ

"I always wanted to pretend I was a marine biologist....
The Sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to return soup at a deli..."

the-sea-was-angry-that-day-my-friends-like-an-old-man-trying-to-send-back-soup-in-a-deli-64841.jpg

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I really hope Lance takes care of business. I really believe people don't like to see winners and are quick to judge. It is possible that the information Floyd gave about how to beat the Passport test and just wanted to implicate all parties. I just want to see proof before I make a decision not just one party's side that could be bias.

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
You guys certainly are having fun.

I think that y'all are getting a bit excited about RICO statutes, and jail time. I'm sure Floyd is pleased, but the burden of proof is pretty high. ASO yanks RS from the Tour invitees, that's a possibility, I suppose. That would be a victory for all of you.

Good luck with your hatred. I still can't see getting so worked up about a total stranger, but that's just me. I'm off to ride the bike in the pouring rain :)

A

Anonymous

peloton said:
Thanks, I didn't know that, I don't usually click on the pictures here...
If you post other peoples work, please link it.

i was originally just given a flickr link, its only when i looked at the picture closely i noticed it was cylocosm. I generally provide very full links. in fact im sure people will say im one of the most efficient with linking any sources or articles i post.

A

Anonymous

id never heard this anywhere before

"He became at that time at least the third member of the US Cycling team to be afflicted by severe, life-threatening illnesses."

the others Greg Strock, Ernie Lechuga, and Eric Keiter

"Greg Strock, Eric Keiter, and Ernie Lechuga all recovered from testicular cancer (off topic, but not too irrelevant: why did these four guys, all about the same age, and all products of our National cycling team structure, all suffer from this same disease?)"
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/letters/?id=2005/09-02letters

how did i not know that four members of the US team had had testicular cancer in the mid to late nineties :eek: That one really has knocked me for six, probably common knowledge to many, but i had no idea that Armstrongs cancer was possibly drug related (although strock is officially listed as an immune system breakdown).. no wonder cycling protects lance so much if its got even a shred of truth to it. fcuk :eek:

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Lion of Flanders said:
Good luck with your hatred. I still can't see getting so worked up about a total stranger, but that's just me. I'm off to ride the bike in the pouring rain :)

I loooove Lance. I'll be top man when he gets to Leavenworth.:eek:

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
id never heard this anywhere before

"He became at that time at least the third member of the US Cycling team to be afflicted by severe, life-threatening illnesses."

the others Greg Strock, Ernie Lechuga, and Eric Keiter

"Greg Strock, Eric Keiter, and Ernie Lechuga all recovered from testicular cancer (off topic, but not too irrelevant: why did these four guys, all about the same age, and all products of our National cycling team structure, all suffer from this same disease?)"
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/letters/?id=2005/09-02letters

how did i not know that four members of the US team had had testicular cancer in the mid to late nineties :eek: That one really has knocked me for six, probably common knowledge to many, but i had no idea that Armstrongs cancer was possibly drug related (although strock is officially listed as an immune system breakdown).. no wonder cycling protects lance so much if its got even a shred of truth to it. fcuk :eek:

They did not all get testicular cancer. Ernie and Lance did but Eric and Greg both came down with autoimmune diseases that have a strong correlation with with testicular cancer....and cortisone. Surely only a coincidence :rolleyes:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2000/12/news/strock-speaks_79

http://velonews.competitor.com/2006/04/news/six-years-later-strock-case-comes-to-court_9763

A

Anonymous

i knew chris carmichael was accused of doping the kids, but i never realised the possible health links.. thats too much of a co-incidence..

you can see why us cycling and the uci stand by lance, he practically gave his life allegedly keeping (alleged events) quiet in return for, well, freedom to win 7 tours..

im stunned.. i knew lance doped, i knew there were problems in the us juniors etc, but to think there is the likelehood that the cancer was caused by doping, and well... ****ing hell..

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
i knew chris carmichael was accused of doping the kids, but i never realised the possible health links.. thats too much of a co-incidence..

you can see why us cycling and the uci stand by lance, he practically gave his life allegedly keeping (alleged events) quiet in return for, well, freedom to win 7 tours..

im stunned.. i knew lance doped, i knew there were problems in the us juniors etc, but to think there is the likelehood that the cancer was caused by doping, and well... ****ing hell..

I've been trying to say this for a year...
it started even before Carmichael. Some of these guys tested positive at USA Cycling camps when they were juniors! They simply didn't travel to races and had to stay at the camp until they were passable. The program was underfunded and any littleleague parent willing to subsidize their taleneted kid's stay were welcome as the coaches' jobs relied on results at all costs. The parents would only know if their kids told them; which some our neighborhood riders did. They were children of professionals, some doctors; that knew the cost of pursuing any disciplinary action against the haphazard organization that was USA Cycling. The kids just quit and I can tell from racing with those riders that rose to stardom and the ones that I trained, coached and raced with who quit: the ones that quit were better, stronger, smarter and unwilling to cheat. They quit racing when they were nearly the best in the world-how much of a condemnation do you need?
The truly sick part is that Carmichael came in around the Gorsky era and was given more latitude...He had LA as a young, loud and difficult punk and didn't like him anymore than most folks do now. There were better riders available to him and he didn't have much direct involvement in LA's coaching any more than the other neglected riders. Only guys that actually won races started to get attention and noone cared how that happend; only that they would not embarrass the Federation with a bust. A bust would compromise the budget and that was very bad.