• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The twilight zone called Portugal.

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

The portuguese federation decided to make the biological passport mandatory for every rider and the cost will be supported by the teams, unless the rider is under-23.

They also decided that none of the staff, coaches and DS's of the teams can have anti-doping violations in the past.

The portuguese federation decided to make the biological passport mandatory for every rider and the cost will be supported by the teams, unless the rider is under-23.

They also decided that none of the staff, coaches and DS's of the teams can have anti-doping violations in the past.
That's the one thing that I've wanted the UCI to do for years.

Looks like the federation is actually trying to make the domestic scene a bit cleaner after that big police raid.

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I thought the Portuguese conti teams were already under some sort of bio passport? They said as much when the Porto raids kicked off in the spring... or was that just PR?

Last edited:
This is weeks news but Glassdrive's DS, Ruben Pereira, said that their involvement with the Maynar links was only related to training plans for their riders and they ended their partnership in August 2021. I wonder why they ended their partnership right in the month of the Volta which landed them 6 stage wins and the appearance of Super Maurio, who only didn't won the GC because in 2021 he still couldn't control his bike.

They're a tough crowd, to not be happy with training plans that give them this kind of results.

This is weeks news but Glassdrive's DS, Ruben Pereira, said that their involvement with the Maynar links was only related to training plans for their riders and they ended their partnership in August 2021. I wonder why they ended their partnership right in the month of the Volta which landed them 6 stage wins and the appearance of Super Maurio, who only didn't won the GC because in 2021 he still couldn't control his bike.

They're a tough crowd, to not be happy with training plans that give them this kind of results.
Tbf, they need proper Volta watts, not those bushleague WT watts!

How funny is to read some previous reactions from Porco fans... And this is only the beginning since the criminal case is a serious one and, at the very least, Ribeiro and Quintanilha are facing real prison sentences, not just fines and suspended sentences.

Amaro proves again he was the smartest of the bunch: not only was he the only one relatively untouched on the initial investigation, he's also getting out to preserve his triumphs although I have serious doubts that he'll have his results intact after the trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: carolina
Before his announcement, UCI had notified Amaro Antunes for changes registered in his biological passport. The Portuguese Federation is mulling voiding of a winner Volta editions from 2017 to 2021.

• Sad
Reactions: TourOfSardinia

TRENDING THREADS