• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "Where did you ride your bike today?" Thread...

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
We had our first really hot day of the spring, I went on a club run out to Mt Mee in Brisbane's northern suburbs. Had a flat on the way to the meet up point (and I was already running late) so I spent the first hour chasing on. We had a good hit out on the main climb followed by a bakery stop.

The ride back was nuts, people's Garmins were reading 40c at 10:30-11am and it was humid as anything. A couple of people had to take the train with 20kms to go. We pulled into a cafe that sponsors my club and almost everyone got stuck into iced coffee with gelato.

All up i did 130kms and just over 1600m climbing.

Mostly been training on the rollers through the winter, cause I'm Andy Schleck's whiny little brother from another mother, but I ventured outside for a short ride today. Naturally got lost, ended up in Germany, then ended up making a 180 and going straight back.

Had this week off work as I had planned on doing stuff to get ready for our baby coming in April but the weather we had last month set us back a bit, so I've managed to get a bit of cycling in, right now I'm just trying to get a good base of fitness, you know when 2-3 hours on a bike seems ok and every bump on the road isn't a grind and a fight with your lungs just to breathe...today was a really good cycle, spring has sprung in Scotland and it was good cycling weather, still a bit windy but its the first time this year I've had my legs on show

161e34m.jpg

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Weekend at home and finally nice weather, so I went for the first real roadbike of the year, 50km ride with Kartitscher Sattel. I just went for it after lunch and had no gels or bars with me, so I didn't go for a longer ride. I was sufering a bit in th wind on the flat, but i had good climbing legs, not band for the first real ride of the year.

Got back in the saddle, ventured out for a little 60km rolling loop, my first solo ride in a while. It was tough. It was frustratingly slow. It was also very fun.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, I did check off my big mountain to-rides. On my first outing, I ended up cramping and walking for a bit (and straining some muscle, it turned out), but I did finish that 100km 2000m day -including my first hors categorie- unassisted. Well, with a little help from my (in-lycra) friends. A couple of months later, once I had not recovered, I rode all the way up a nice cat one I'd also been lusting after for a while -though I shortened the ride to just the one climb. I almost cried when I crested the summit, and then when I checked my VAM numbers later that day.

It was all a little too bittersweet to make hay of it at the time, but here goes another addition to the compost heap of useless warnings against overdoing things. Or maybe it's the opposite, as I still feel proud to have gone through with it, damn the consequences. The swollen pride might just be worth the swollen waistline.

Got a super fast 60 km ride in today, 35 km/h in a 10 man group ride. Got dropped after 40 km in some crosswinds action and was fighting 10 km with another dude to get back in, only to keep the gap at around 10-20 seconds, but never getting back. Then we hit the last 10 km headwind back home and it was a done deal, we weren't getting back in - pretty frustrating, but also kinda fun. Was extremely hard though, not very much fun in the moment. Then he pretty much lead all the way back in the headwind, I was just done at that point after the chase.

Fun ride, Im going on one tomorrow as well before a pretty hilly 115 km race at around Rebild and Rold, if anyone should know where that is.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Got a super fast 60 km ride in today, 35 km/h in a 10 man group ride. Got dropped after 40 km in some crosswinds action and was fighting 10 km with another dude to get back in, only to keep the gap at around 10-20 seconds, but never getting back. Then we hit the last 10 km headwind back home and it was a done deal, we weren't getting back in - pretty frustrating, but also kinda fun. Was extremely hard though, not very much fun in the moment. Then he pretty much lead all the way back in the headwind, I was just done at that point after the chase.

Fun ride, Im going on one tomorrow as well before a pretty hilly 115 km race at around Rebild and Rold, if anyone should know where that is.
Good luck!
I'm thinking about a 100km ride to Cima Sappada and back home one Saturday.

Did 110 km today at Rold Rundt, a decently hilly race finishing on Rebild Bakken where Matti Breschel won a stage in Tour of Denmark in 2009. Finished 12th out of +350 riders, so Im very happy about that. But I won the fastest time on Rebild Bakken which netted me glasses, a cycling shirt and a ticket for next year's event which was kinda unexpected. With one second!

We average 40 km/h, so Im pretty gassed atm...

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Did 110 km today at Rold Rundt, a decently hilly race finishing on Rebild Bakken where Matti Breschel won a stage in Tour of Denmark in 2009. Finished 12th out of +350 riders, so Im very happy about that. But I won the fastest time on Rebild Bakken which netted me glasses, a cycling shirt and a ticket for next year's event which was kinda unexpected. With one second!

Congrats. What is it like being a KoM in Denmark?

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:

Congrats. What is it like being a KoM in Denmark?
What its like? Don't know, its not like I smashed people on an Alpine climb, just went pretty fast on a 1 km climb, sitting in wheels for a good chunk of it. So Im not really feeling special and I didnt think about the competition when I rode for some reason (I had good chances since Im very much of a puncheur and in good shape atm), but it was very profitable in the end. :D

Here's the ride
https://www.strava.com/activities/1509855948

I also needed some podium girls to pinch. Won the Mavic jersey Im wearing

2mnqe5z.jpg

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
To the dentist today. 2.5 miles and flat. Temperature was about 25 degrees Celsius. Tomorrow it'll be
about 10 miles to a garage to collect my car.

Trying a little experiment, was out on 75 km two days ago and 80 yesterday and now onto a 110 km group ride. Mainly because the weather has been great lately and I needed some cycling tan. :D Anyways, lets see how it goes today, I fear I just don't have anything left.

Re:

Jspear said:
Okay now I’ll admit I didn’t watch the whole thing, but I did check it out. :)
Nice graphics on the screen...that made me watch it longer. Nice climb and scenery.
Aye it is a bit long, still not the best at editing videos but I’ll get there, I'm more going to use it for some of my more local climbs that are crazy steep and will be hopefully look good for the GoPro

rick james said:
Jspear said:
Okay now I’ll admit I didn’t watch the whole thing, but I did check it out. :)
Nice graphics on the screen...that made me watch it longer. Nice climb and scenery.
Aye it is a bit long, still not the best at editing videos but I’ll get there, I'm more going to use it for some of my more local climbs that are crazy steep and will be hopefully look good for the GoPro

Okay that’s what I forgot to ask, but you answered. You have a GoPro. The image stabilization was great.

Valv.Piti said:
Jspear said:
Valv.Piti said:
Trying a little experiment, was out on 75 km two days ago and 80 yesterday and now onto a 110 km group ride. Mainly because the weather has been great lately and I needed some cycling tan. :D Anyways, lets see how it goes today, I fear I just don't have anything left.

Do you consider the tan a badge of honor!?
It most definitely is!

Lol okay so its not just me

The obligatory long Sunday ride, this time a rather flat route around Limfjorden (Aalborg - Gjøl - Løgstør - Nibe - Aalborg). Pretty windy, but nice and relatively warm weather. Well, at least the sun was out. The ride was 112 km long at 35 km/h, so a nice a fast ride with a nice group.

Jspear said:
Valv.Piti said:
On gravel, grass, mud, sand, single tracks, asphalt etc. around Aalborg. 105 km, what an epic ride, definitely coming back next year. Prob the most fun I have had on a bike

What type of bike and wheels were you using?
A mountainbike. No clue about the wheels, pretty heavy and bad, just the default wheels on a pretty cheap Specialized. :D Mainly just using my MTB to train in the winter.

We (husband and I) did the annual Bike the Banks ride today. (Emerald Isle, North Carolina). There are 3 options 100 miles, 50 miles, or the fun 10 miles (or as far as you want to ride). We do the 10 mile one that is more like 15 to 20 miles as we always go father. I'm working on longer distances, but right now that's about the limit of what I can ride at a time. 2 years ago when we first rode it, 10 miles was the limit of what I could ride.

TRENDING THREADS