• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The "Wink"

A

Anonymous

Did anybody else notice the "wink" that Bert gave Andy after their finish line hug? Any ideas what that might have been all about?

A

Anonymous

yeh yeh

rxgqgxnyfz said:
This night, i top. You owe me that much.

;)

but seriously did it indicate collusion ( a deal)? Was he putting White Jersey Boy in his place? A pistol shot from the eye?

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Contador wanted to make sure the world knew that he gave Schleck the win. He didn't want any confusion like the whole Armstrong/Pantani Mont Ventoux episode.

So............ wink wink!

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Biffins said:
Contador wanted to make sure the world knew that he gave Schleck the win. He didn't want any confusion like the whole Armstrong/Pantani Mont Ventoux episode.

So............ wink wink!

Which is pretty un-professional. They chatted a bit up that climb and I'm sure after Contador's last attack the deal was sealed. Contador should have just left it at the hug...

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
Did anybody else notice the "wink" that Bert gave Andy after their finish line hug? Any ideas what that might have been all about?

if course we noticed the wink, Alberto has the biggest eye brows i've ever seen!- Andy nearly got crushed under the weight of them.

Nothing in the wink, just respect between riders and probably a sense of 'great ride, but i'm still here'...

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Just saw the wink with associated cheek patting.

Kind of freaky.

I'd put it here on a scale of
<- friendly wink ---- to ---- weird ->
....................................*

I was/am a Contador fan, but riding second wheel and weirdness is having an impact.

TRENDING THREADS