• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The worst of race profiles

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I've just seen this profile for the first stage of the RideLondon Classique. Looks like a dream course for Purito with all these walls.

FTv4TKrXsAA0GcV

I've just seen this profile for the first stage of the RideLondon Classique. Looks like a dream course for Purito with all these walls.

FTv4TKrXsAA0GcV
With walls like that in his home town to train on, i'm surprised Alex Dowsett hasn't been challenging up the Mur de Huy!

This looks like some tough 10+ km climb until you look down at the numbers along the bottom and realise it's only 1,1km long!
View: https://twitter.com/TourDeJose/status/1529803643330908160?s=20&t=HcMlrasKoHKYVf_zjiCo7Q

With walls like that in his home town to train on, i'm surprised Alex Dowsett hasn't been challenging up the Mur de Huy!

This looks like some tough 10+ km climb until you look down at the numbers along the bottom and realise it's only 1,1km long!
View: https://twitter.com/TourDeJose/status/1529803643330908160?s=20&t=HcMlrasKoHKYVf_zjiCo7Q

Though sometimes it can make sense to break down a climb like that if it's quite irregular.

Reactions: lemon cheese cake
The Women's Tour this year literally rides past the base of one of the only steep climbs in East Anglia - twice.
As someone who lives in Gloucestershire, I can tell you that they could literally done an epic LBL style stage in the Cotswolds, proper walls on good roads. But instead it looks like from the map that they completely avoid any climbs on this year's TOB stage to Gloucester...

Reactions: lemon cheese cake
The Tour of Iran-Azerbaïdjan is back this week, and when I saw this profile I got all excited because I saw they were finishing in Kaleybar and I know they've climbed Arasbaran-Aynaloo before and that's a legit HC monster and one of the toughest climbs of world cycling climbed outside the top level (24,3km, 7,6%). Then reality hit.

_c5.jpg

Also notice how the x-axis makes the 7% climb look to be similarly steep to the final one.

Last edited:
The Tour of Iran-Azerbaïdjan is back this week, and when I saw this profile I got all excited because I saw they were finishing in Kaleybar and I know they've climbed Arasbaran-Aynaloo before and that's a legit HC monster and one of the toughest climbs of world cycling climbed outside the top level (24,3km, 7,6%). Then reality hit.

_c5.jpg

Also notice how the x-axis makes the 7% climb look to be similarly steep to the final one.

There's no image.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99

TRENDING THREADS