• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The worst of race profiles

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
FeNWRcJWYAIJnLX

From today’s Tre Vali Varesine, I can’t even with this.
They used to do something similar (just showing each circuit once and then how many times it would be ridden noted separately) with the Trofeo Alfredo Binda which is in the same area:

Schermata-2018-03-14-alle-13.41.01-640x350.png.webp

I don't think there's an equivalent thread for maps so I'll post this here

This TV-production map of the closing stages of the 1970 Paris-Roubaix makes it look like the route zig-zags from one town to the next. In reality, all the towns are approximately on a straight line between Nomain and Roubaix.

The 8km between Nomain and Bachy also appears deceptively short compared to the total 6km distance from Bachy to Gruson.

7ffjtQj.png