• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The your favorite car thread

I don't think there is one yet.

It's really simple, post your favorite car, past, present, expensive, cheap, you name it.

The car I covet most of all this night (it can differ per night, but stays pretty stable in the longer term) is the Maserati GranTurismo S.

Maserati-GranTurismo-Sport.1.jpg

2012_02-maserati_gran-turismo_sport_2.jpg

This color (especially the real, lower one), nearly this configuration (I prefer a lighter interior). 4.7l V8, much cheaper than comparable Porsches or Astons. Want one badly.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
must. not. read. this. thread.

total car nut, here. there are many great cars but 911s, any 911, is my favorite.

current commuter

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Magnus said:
my father had one of these. as kids we loved to play with the button that made the suspension go up and down.

i also remember when i was about five or six years old my parents would take me to piano lessons in the car and the teacher who was french would admire the car and tell me what a great car the "si T(choking sound)OH en" was. then i would call it a "citron" (lemon) which would upset him no end.

i love 911 and if i had the money i would have one but i would rather have a proper merc then a 911.

my dream cars are the Mercedez benz s65 AMG and the SLS.

my current daily drive (the actual owner of the car is my father obviously but he doesn't drive it anymore) is a mercedez benz 190D 2.5 from 1993, it only has 200.000 kilometres so the most likely is me dieing before the car has the first mechanical problems as this model is legendary for amount of kilometers they make without any mechanical malfunction, a portuguese car drive made a full 2 million km's on 1 without having a problem so mercedes gave him a new car and sent that one to their museum.

my tip, if you need a car that needs to last in both time and kilometers and have like 2k € available this should be a very serious option. proper good ride and the consumption isn't even that bad at 6.5 to 7.5 l/100km.

it's also pretty, here is a photo of mine:
Novas062.jpg

in case i want to take a job at the pimpin' business or become a dictator the machine that belonged to my grandfather and that my father restored is the perfect choice:

Novas053.jpg

a full 1 year younger then my father

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
i love 911 and if i had the money i would have one but i would rather have a proper merc then a 911.

my dream cars are the Mercedez benz s65 AMG and the SLS.

my current daily drive (the actual owner of the car is my father obviously but he doesn't drive it anymore) is a mercedez benz 190D 2.5 from 1993, it only has 200.000 kilometres so the most likely is me dieing before the car has the first mechanical problems as this model is legendary for amount of kilometers they make without any mechanical malfunction, a portuguese car drive made a full 2 million km's on 1 without having a problem so mercedes gave him a new car and sent that one to their museum.

my tip, if you need a car that needs to last in both time and kilometers and have like 2k € available this should be a very serious option. proper good ride and the consumption isn't even that bad at 6.5 to 7.5 l/100km.

it's also pretty, here is a photo of mine:
mercedez benz 190D 2.5

in case i want to take a job at the pimpin' business or become a dictator the machine that belonged to my grandfather and that my father restored is the perfect choice:

mercedes benz 220 (w120)

a full 1 year younger then my father

Great cars Parrulo. Thanks for posting the pictures. One comment about the diesel: the w124s and w201s both have that square passenger's side mirror. This asymmetry has always bothered me.

I prefer Mercedes Benzes over any other car, too. My other car is a c-class (w202). This is my bicycle and grocery hauler. I love the car, but I also like the c63 and I am thinking of trading my old c-class for the c63 estate. I probably won't, but...

iirc at the time the model's production started it wasn't mandatory to have a side mirror and since the car could be considered big for some streets and all that they just opted not to put the passenger side mirror.

when it became mandatory they used the squared mirror to save a few cm's( oh them germans :p) and because being a little bit taller it gives a bigger view range so you don't need to change it's position every time you park your car. my model already electric adjustment and i don't think i have ever needed to use it :eek:

mercs are indeed superior quality (cept some models from the mid 90's to the early 00's), they drive wonderfully, extremely reliable and even tho the car may appear big to some, with it's turning range you can park it in tighter spaces then some would park an opel corsa :p

flippable tires at the front should be mandatory imo due to the front tires tilting to the inside when you turn (that's what gives the car such impressive turning range) which will wear the inside of the tire faster so flipping them you can keep them in better stage for their whole useful life.

btw gregod if i were you i wouldn't sell your w202,iirc that's one of the last great models before the less reliable models i talked about and i doubt any1 will be giving you significant money for it. imo keep it just in case you need it in the future.

TRENDING THREADS