• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 135 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sounds like he might race again, but not with serious objectives this year?

All in all they do appear a bit clueless. Maybe it's just hard to know with these kind of issues, but this sounds a bit like they are off to somewhere in the blue?
He was fine in the one day races with short climbs at the start of the season, so I'd stick to those kind of races until they manage to sort things out. Not having to race multiple days in a row might also be better for his back.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Man i wish we got to see what he could do outside of FDJ. This seems a total farce
I'm not gonna defend the way they handled his injury, but not everything they did with Pinot was bad.

They worked with him on his fear of descending fast (they had him do Alpine Skiing and race car driving in the off season). They also send him to the Giro to ride for the gc twice, AG2R never did that with Bardet, and they worked with him on their TT/got a lot better in TTs and TTTs in general. The way the whole injury was handled reminds me a bit of Dumoulin's knee at Sunweb, but let's not pretend that they never did anything right with Pinot.

My french isn't good enough for a summary. I've sent the article to Pinot's goat via PM, so maybe they can put that together for us.

You are aware that it's this article and not the ES summary, right?

Can't stand the guy's capricious whining and excuse-making. Massively overrated rider. So much and such frequent bad luck that you realise it isn't luck.

Anyway, it's fine to fail. He just need to stfu up about it.
Fair enough to not like him but why today? I think most of us still don’t even know what the article that was shared Tuesday said and nothing new has come out.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Can't stand the guy's capricious whining and excuse-making. Massively overrated rider. So much and such frequent bad luck that you realise it isn't luck.

Anyway, it's fine to fail. He just need to stfu up about it.

Well, I disagree, but everyone's free to dislike a rider. Shadow's right though, why now?
On the day that Cav equaled Eddy's record there are surely other things to write about, you only came here today to show some Schadenfreude? o_O

TRENDING THREADS