• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 137 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Who cares? I don't. And I'm not sure why you keep going on about Froome in a thread about Pinot.

Weird.
You’re the one that introduced Froome to the conversation! And I’m not sure why on a random ass Friday you chose to attack a rider that is not even in the race, no news has come out regarding him, and there was even bigger news that day. Literally woke up and chose “violence”, so to speak.

You’re the one that introduced Froome to the conversation! And I’m not sure why on a random ass Friday you chose to attack a rider that is not even in the race, no news has come out regarding him, and there was even bigger news that day. Literally woke up and chose “violence”, so to speak.

Not even a translated version of the Parisien interview.

But anyway, I ran the shorter ES version through Google Translate, and it was both heartbreaking; his thoughts about quitting, but also encouraging; the fact that it seems like he doesn't consider it completely impossible that he might race again this season, and is joining the (selective?) training camp despite not really needing to, because he wants to "find his teammates" again.
Though... that last part is a bit worrying. Have they gone missing? Where are they?

Ah, I see. We need to correspond to your criteria as to when we are allowed to post.

Got it.

Incredibly sub-par translation

Thibaut Pinot will resume competition in early September

TEAM INFO. Thibaut Pinot, who has not taken part in a race since the end of April because of his back problems, will resume competition on September 3 during the Classique du Grand Besançon-Doubs.

Absent from the competition since April 23, the end of the 5th and last stage of the Tour des Alpes in which he finished in an anonymous 60th place due to a persistent back pain, Thibaut Pinot (31 years old) is about to recover a bib. The three-time stage winner of the Tour de France, 3rd in the Grande Boucle in 2014, plans to return to the race at the beginning of September.

Tour of the Jura and Tour of the Doubs chained
It will be on his land, in Franche-Comté. After weeks of rest and several back treatments, the leader of the Groupama-FDJ team should, according to our information, make his comeback for the Grand Besançon-Doubs Classic, scheduled for September 3, then follow up with the Tour du Jura, the next day, and the Tour du Doubs, on September 5th.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, or maybe the journalist is being overly optimistic, but from this it looks like he will at least be making a cautious attempt at being able to race Lombardia:

Vuelta a España came 'too early' for Thibaut Pinot, who 'feels liberated' to be returning to racing | Cycling Weekly

The Frenchman has a busy couple of months as he makes up for lost time this season, getting going again on August 17 at the Tour du Limousin, a series of French races following that before building up in Italy to Il Lombardia.

A far cry from just a little over a week ago:

Thibaut Pinot 'just wants to race' as he continues recovery at series of French races | Cycling Weekly

While Pinot will not race the 2021 Vuelta, the first time in 10 seasons he hasn't ridden a Grand Tour, his favoured Il Lombardia, which he won in 2018, will also come too soon.

"For the moment we are not there. We think first of the recovery, and then it will always be to set results, objectives to be obtained in the more or less long term," Madiot explained. "But for now we are at the start of the school year."

But whether or not he gets ready in time for Lombardia, just the fact that he'll be racing again soon is great.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS