• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 139 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, I know. Some people might argue that this is a rather weird reason to revive a rider thread, but lots of people around here seem to forget that the true purpose of this thread is goats, and now also cows!

Thibaut Pinot has a new cow - CyclingTips

But, yeah... his comeback was decent enough.

I just saw this and thought I could surprise you with it, but I should have known you were already up to date.

I just saw this and thought I could surprise you with it, but I should have known you were already up to date.

Always! But definitely weird to be scrolling through FB, and first seeing it.
Oh, there's a story about a guy with a cow.
That guy looks familiar...
Ah... it's a CyclingTips story!
Iain is at it again.
Not sure who Iain Treloar is, but he's got his priorities straight!

Always! But definitely weird to be scrolling through FB, and first seeing it.
Oh, there's a story about a guy with a cow.
That guy looks familiar...
Ah... it's a CyclingTips story!
Iain is at it again.
Not sure who Iain Treloar is, but he's got his priorities straight!

You can put an end to this masquerade right now. We all know it's one of your aliases!

I think the author is a bit fast to conclude that one of the cows is "the lesser cow" just because it has no "daring hairsyle" :tearsofjoy:

Scroll down to the comments. People definitely agree with you.

---
Also, because I'm weird like that, I ended up (re-)reading Iain's previous Pinot-Goat Story (yes, Iain Treloar writing Pinot-Goat stories is a thing over at CyclngTips), and I noticed something:

Thibaut Pinot and his goats have a casualwear range - CyclingTips

From the explanation of how the whole Instagram account came to be in the first place:

There, Thibaut and his girlfriend, Charlotte Patat, catalogue a series of snapshots of their goats and their bucolic existence on the couple’s farm in Mélisey. “At the start of confinement, I went with my girlfriend to buy goat cheese,” Pinot told a curious interviewer last June. “I came back with two kids that we had to bottle feed. I had time.” [I trust you can imagine the Gallic shrug, the insouciant pout, as he said that last line, because there’s no way it didn’t happen.]

It doesn't actually specify whether they got the cheese, and even though they most likely did, just imagine: You go to buy some goat cheese, and you end up coming home with two whole goats!

Last edited:
Look! I'm reviving this thread to post actual cycling-related content!

I definitely hope he does the Giro, like it was his plan last year. Besides, as someone who - from what it appears - doesn't really like being at the centre of attention, doing the Giro could have another advantage. Not only is there obviously less focus on French riders in the Giro, compared to in the Tour, but for the first few days in particular... I mean; he does have this teammate who wore pink for a few days last year...

Last edited:
3 pronged bid for podium against Pogacar, Roglic, Bernal is PR by FDJ. All of them are unproven with injuries and experience and capability. They will adopt a wait and watch policy as the TDF progresses and Most likely one of them will go for top 10 and everybody will go for stage wins. Should have done the Giro but pressure from sponsors and time required to get in shape is what changed the target

Reactions: memyselfandI
3 pronged bid for podium against Pogacar, Roglic, Bernal is PR by FDJ. All of them are unproven with injuries and experience and capability. They will adopt a wait and watch policy as the TDF progresses and Most likely one of them will go for top 10 and everybody will go for stage wins. Should have done the Giro but pressure from sponsors and time required to get in shape is what changed the target

Well for a podium a 3 pronged attempt might work, however should we caution them about the possible disasters of it as well?