• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 142 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Has any checked on Tonton to make sure he is ok :oops:
I pulled a Gigs on this one...I didn't watch it. Quelle surprise indeed! So happy for Tibopino. After yesterday, he had to be tough to make the break, get caught, and still win. In the rain. Ghosts of Nice can go to bed. The roller coaster is alive and well. Hang on! BRAVO THIBAUT!

Good job for Pinot to bounce back and win! Two hard days in the breakaway. Maybe for TdR he goes for stages again then TdS he sees how GC goes to decide if GC or stages and KOM at Tour. Does anyone know if he will do Vuelta or just the fall classics?

There are only 4 road stages at TdR of which only one has mountains, the GC field is not too strong either. Going for GC over stage wins makes sense.

No, nooooo. I'm totally not going randomly through the internet to find Pinot-related content, that would be silly! But I found this article about Pinot's reaction to Bonnet's retirement, and his (Bonnet's) crash during the 2015 TdF:

Groupama-FDJ : L'émouvante anecdote de Pinot concernant Bonnet (orange.fr)

A long message in which he notably recalled a particularly moving anecdote, which took place during the 2015 edition of the Tour de France: “I cannot talk about William's career without very quickly remembering the Tour de France 2015. His fall on the third stage marked me enormously: he turns around to check that I am on his wheel and he falls. At 80 km/h. It's my fault. A second of inattention because he was concerned about MY positioning. I see the thing coming, the danger taking shape, the disaster coming true, the thing that I feared, unfortunately, would happen. That moment still haunts me. Sometimes I still don't sleep at night because I think about it. I think back to the halted race, to the ambulances not numerous enough to take care of all the runners. I thought of the worst, I thought of his family, his wife, his children. I wanted it so much. I am indebted to William for a whole host of things he has done for me in his career, and this sacrifice is a big part of that. »

He felt - still feels? - guilty about Bonnet crashing...

That's all good news! So: podium AND polka-dot jersey? It would take a great Tibopino to achieve such a feat. My take-away from this interview is Pinot's serenity. What he says is what he thinks. Thibaut must be feeling quite good about his build-up. Le Tour de Suisse will show more.

As Pinot states, Pog and Rog are above the rest ahead of this TdF, but there's a third podium spot and many riders with a chance to get it.

Stage hunter Thibaut Pinot would see Le Granon in the bag next to AdH and Lagos de Covadonga. Winning atop AdH for a second time is legendary. A guilty pleasure? Revenge in Mende...and of course la SPDBF. In a finish against Pog and Rog, Thibaut Pinot is the only other rider who can win it. He will spill his guts like he did the time before.

Prat-d'Albis Pinot: will we ever see him again? If so, then GC all the way, and to win the KOM, get points atop mountains ahead of the GC guys. Hope that no one is 30 minutes behind, 100 points ahead and pigging KOM points from the break.

Podium and/or polka-dot jersey? Either one works for me :) ! I just hope that Thibaut Pinot is healthy and finishes. For the rest, I don't worry: he'll give it all. Gods of Cycling: give him health and good fortune.

I have always believed in Thibaut Pinot. I always will. I don't know what's going to happen in July, but something will happen.

Stage hunter Thibaut Pinot would see Le Granon in the bag next to AdH and Lagos de Covadonga. Winning atop AdH for a second time is legendary. A guilty pleasure? Revenge in Mende...and of course la SPDBF. In a finish against Pog and Rog, Thibaut Pinot is the only other rider who can win it. He will spill his guts like he did the time before.

And look at the date of that stage!

TRENDING THREADS