• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Thibaut Pinot discussion thread

Page 147 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
FmSUkpQXkAIin0R

Here we see a photo of Tibo Pino with his pals Romain Gregoire and Lenny Martinez.

2019 was his best chance even after losing a minute in the winds , his best form, ruined by a one in a billion freakish injury, truly unlucky. Podium was guaranteed, the win was in sight. After that covid happened and the rise of young guns who seem to attack without breathing basically killed any motivation that he had.
That was his Richie Porte moment in more ways then one. I always thought he could reach one more podium and he came close in the Giro but alas.........had some good stage wins though and some good rides in the classics.

Well, on the bright side we get one more year and I hope that Pinot races the AGR on 4/16, FW on 4/19, and LBL on 4/23. I think that it's the biggest miss of his career: LBL was made for him.

Then two weeks later, Il Giro. There should be no hesitation. Le Tour's route would have been great 5 years ago, but let's be real: Thibaut can't beat Tadej and Jonas. So fighting for a podium with Geraint or Bardet? Meh. Giro all the way.

And by the way, Go Romain!

Tre Valli Varesine: if that's Tibopino's last pro win, WOW! The elusive. I would be delighted, I hope that Tibopino wins that one, it would be so sweet.

A Lombardia ending : it doesn't get much better than that. No expectations. Or maybe: with Thibaut Pinot you never know...

Reactions: Sandisfan
Ah, Pinot wants to retire, and can‘t wait to sell his turbo trainer.

You wouldn‘t hear something like that by Froome. And Froome faced a more difficult way to come back.

Pinot always has been a special case, and very much lived from expectations. Madiot always believed in him, and was right, because Pinot was and is so strong. But I honestly did not like very much this constant talk by and about Pinot. Most other riders prefer to let the legs do the talking.

In the first post of this thread, he refers to Pinot as his "fellow Franc-Comtois", so even if he lives/has lived in the US, there's no need to adopt their silly date-writing style.
Even if I lived abroad for many years, I'd still refer to Vingegaard as a fellow Jute. Not everyone has the same kind of mind as you, keep that in mind.

Some men living in Denmark also come from a place where they don't shake the hand of a woman, yet they adapt to a new culture and do so here. Shocking, right?

You wouldn‘t hear something like that by Froome. And Froome faced a more difficult way to come back.

Pinot always has been a special case, and very much lived from expectations. Madiot always believed in him, and was right, because Pinot was and is so strong. But I honestly did not like very much this constant talk by and about Pinot. Most other riders prefer to let the legs do the talking.
Shut up

I think it's pretty obvious that Pinot never really liked all the attention; he did the "disappears from public for weeks" thing long before Vingegaard. In fact, his dislike of attention has frequently been stated as one of his greatest achilles' heels.

Well, on the bright side we get one more year and I hope that Pinot races the AGR on 4/16, FW on 4/19, and LBL on 4/23. I think that it's the biggest miss of his career: LBL was made for him.

Then two weeks later, Il Giro. There should be no hesitation. Le Tour's route would have been great 5 years ago, but let's be real: Thibaut can't beat Tadej and Jonas. So fighting for a podium with Geraint or Bardet? Meh. Giro all the way.

And by the way, Go Romain!

Tre Valli Varesine: if that's Tibopino's last pro win, WOW! The elusive. I would be delighted, I hope that Tibopino wins that one, it would be so sweet.

A Lombardia ending : it doesn't get much better than that. No expectations. Or maybe: with Thibaut Pinot you never know...
I hope we don't lose you along with Tibo when the year is over like that woman who was obsessed with Valverde.

Last edited:

France has microscopic media attention on any of it's stars. Like Belgium so, yeah; you may hear too much if you're not French. Imagine being Tom Brady.....

I hope we don't lose you along with Tibo when the year is over like that woman who was obsessed with Valverde.
According to PCS he's doing three French races those days.
Also, aren't you French? What's with the weird US-style date writing?
I moved to the US years ago and since covid hit, like many of us and probably you, it has been all about work, work, work, if it closes, if I need a new one, pay the bills...my dates format were mixed up. Nice catch :) You are so cool. And I'm glad that you care about me.

The three races that you mention are super cool regional races in Franche-Comté, our place, and Pinot wiill get a ton of love. I hope that he wins one of them just to watch the cheers: normal people will go ballistic. Thibaut embodies the Franc-Comtois spirit to the extreme, we relate to him. Ask anyone in my family, they are as diverse as you can imagine. They love Tibopino. And by the way Thibaut took a picture with my niece too!

I would have loved the trip north, Tibopino in the mix with 20 km to go in LBL, Me jumping around and screaming. Incredible win or dramatic loss.It looks like we'll never know.

In recent interviews, Il Giro is the main objective. If fresh, Thibaut wants to ride Le Tour to help Gaudu and pay him back. Pinot is not happy with the last Tour, his lack of shape and feels that he owes David. That in a nutshell is why we have feelings for Thibaut Pinot. He's real!

Prediction: a small win or two close ones, then a stage win at Il Giro, KOM if he goes for it, and top-10 . Help Gaudu and fall campaign in Italy. Finish the job, close the loop.

Reactions: Cookster15

TRENDING THREADS