• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

This needs to stop

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Maserati said:
I thought that was the reason Future set up BikeRadar for?

Zam_Olyas said:
On Topic where is thehog? Not posted for awhile..is he out searching for the smoking gun? :D

Hopefuly hoggy found his way to bike radar. There are so many pea brained true believers over there, for a supetroll like hog, it would be like giving a drug dealer the address to a drug recovery clinic.

And we wouldnt have to put up with his bull**** here.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Popularity and success breed contempt

If they pass the controls, then they are either clean or they are doping successfully or they are bribing officials.

They are, in any case, innocent until proven guilty.

As for fans of Sky being angry, upset, or frustrated about accusations - they should be happy their favorite team is successful enough to warrant such derision from others.

Winning and being accused is much better than losing and being a forgettable footnote.

As for the sponsor, any press is good press. As one notable American once said "I don't care what is published about me as long as they spell my name correctly".

Sky gets a lot of free press on this forum.

The Hitch said:
Hopefuly hoggy found his way to bike radar. There are so many pea brained true believers over there, for a supetroll like hog, it would be like giving a drug dealer the address to a drug recovery clinic.

And we wouldnt have to put up with his bull**** here.

They have a place to talk about doping there!

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I know you are not being serious but just to give some background into the chart, if i understand correctly it was based on team personnel. and how often they say "we are clean". The same chart done for 2012 when they had lienders, rogers yates etc and were calling themselves UK postal, would have sky on high level suspicion.

I havn't seen the article, it was on twitter, but apparently it is based on riding staff, team staff, and sponsors, and its something to do with Pierre Ballester who wrote LA Confidentiél

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
TheBean said:
If they pass the controls, then they are either clean or they are doping successfully or they are bribing officials.

They are, in any case, innocent until proven guilty.

As for fans of Sky being angry, upset, or frustrated about accusations - they should be happy their favorite team is successful enough to warrant such derision from others.

Winning and being accused is much better than losing and being a forgettable footnote.

As for the sponsor, any press is good press. As one notable American once said "I don't care what is published about me as long as they spell my name correctly".

Sky gets a lot of free press on this forum.

Last time i checked the clinic wasnt a criminal trial.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Mr. McQ said:
All of the lies and innuendo about SKY should desist

It is ridiculous

Hi Pat! Stating one's opinion is not a lie, its what one believes at the time of their expression.

I personally believe Froome has doped, I'm not telling any lie, its what I believe. I feel certain teams in cycling carry on with organized doping. Are they evil for doing that....probably not, are they below average in integrity? Probably.

Libertine Seguros said:
A jökulhlaup is a glacial outburst flood. The number e is an important mathematical constant, approximately equal to 2.71828, that is the base of the natural logarithm. Dave Brailsford is a British cycling coach.

334de1ea38b615839e4ee6b65ee1b103.png
should not be confused with the base of the natural logarithm, e.

the sceptic said:
Maybe it can be used as a gathering point for all the skybots in the tour so we dont have to read their posts in any other thread

I am not an SKY fan, I am a cycling lover, cycling fan, you maybe are a sky hater, but me no, that is the only difference. I love cycling, and I love clean sport, and SKy is an example for that how the last graphic shows. If I though in other way with them, my opinon about the team would change.

So...stop saying stupid things.

You dont want to believe, or even give a chance, ok, but your opinion in as neutral as mine and worth the same, so respect it, and of course, you will not shup up me or put me in a unique thread. If you say something argueable or wrong, I will respond.

They sometimes win a lot or has good results in general, but in a clean sport that is possible, they are the team with more budget (i use to dont like those teams), so it is normal is the best team now. When all the teams doped, there was as well team dominance. If you put Uran in other team, he will be as good, the same with Wiggins or froome or Porte, it could be a little difference, becouse SKy is a big team with a big infraestructure and good professional, or becouse some people could be comfortable there, as happens in changes between all the teams, but no more.

TheGame said:
Sky are not suspicious. Its official.
ouch.png

Can we now please close this and all other Sky threads (and might as well close all the ones for Saur, Argos, Cofidis, Garmin, Greenedge, Europcar and Francais de Jeux as well)

Thank you.

Thans for that graphic... when you are three years analysing changes, actions, quality, you talk with pro riders, you talk with amateur riders that talk with dopers, when ypu heard this here, later that there, you see the races, read Hamilton book, etc... and you mentaly makes a graphic like that, and later you get into a forum and see that same graphic, or very similar, it means that you, and a lot of people inside or around cycling, are thinking in the right way.

Taxus4a said:
I am not an SKY fan, I am a cycling lover, cycling fan, you maybe are a sky hater, but me no, that is the only difference. I love cycling, and I love clean sport, and SKy is an example for that how the last graphic shows. If I though in other way with them, my opinon about the team would change.

So...stop saying stupid things.

You dont want to believe, or even give a chance, ok, but your opinion in as neutral as mine and worth the same, so respect it, and of course, you will not shup up me or put me in a unique thread. If you say something argueable or wrong, I will respond.

They sometimes win a lot or has good results in general, but in a clean sport that is possible, they are the team with more budget (i use to dont like those teams), so it is normal is the best team now. When all the teams doped, there was as well team dominance. If you put Uran in other team, he will be as good, the same with Wiggins or froome or Porte, it could be a little difference, becouse SKy is a big team with a big infraestructure and good professional, or becouse some people could be comfortable there, as happens in changes between all the teams, but no more.

Can we open an archive from several years ago to see how many hundred times posts were started with the words "I am not a Lance fan, I think he is an ***, but..........................
Curious to know your explanation of why in a "clean sport" drug tests are still being failed at every level except for the very top. Are there really a few guys out there who are so much stronger than the rest that they can win clean even while the others are still cheating?

Taxus4a said:
Thans for that graphic... when you are three years analysing changes, actions, quality, you talk with pro riders, you talk with amateur riders that talk with dopers, when ypu heard this here, later that there, you see the races, read Hamilton book, etc... and you mentaly makes a graphic like that, and later you get into a forum and see that same graphic, or very similar, it means that you, and a lot of people inside or around cycling, are thinking in the right way.

All your imaginary sources are also telling you Europcar is clean?

Hugh Januss said:
Can we open an archive from several years ago to see how many hundred times posts were started with the words "I am not a Lance fan, I think he is an ***, but..........................
Curious to know your explanation of why in a "clean sport" drug tests are still being failed at every level except for the very top. Are there really a few guys out there who are so much stronger than the rest that they can win clean even while the others are still cheating?

Well, I hope would be the last time people said to me... but that in the past was the same... a lot of things in a clean or in a dirty cycling could be the same, exactly, but that is something that doesnt demostrate anything.

That is just: the same that when was dirty.. ok, we could go on like that for ages...what would be the proff it is clean... that the team you dont like doesnt win? Seriously?? a team could win and other not, and the doped were the second.

You are just looking for similitudes with the past, and that make you do not see the clear differences.+

To me, stop saying, that is the same that in the past, becouse I am tired of that, and that it doesnt demostrate nothing.
I dont mind what people said in the past, I wasnt fan of Lance, and I point him as doper, but just when there was an evidence, not before, before you can analyze, point something strange (that is ok if people do with SKY), but no more.

You say then controls fail except for the top ... what do you Know? you take that information where?? In you imagination?? Any proff of that? Contador had his positive, Scarponi his things, Menchov as well, maybe not public, but they have...all of them in good teams and podium in GT...
Controls works... good teams could go to train in altitude when thay want, could even go with his staff.. that is an advantahe, there are more.. but doping? there is no evidence now. there are suspicious teams, yes, but SKY is just suspicious in your minds, US Postal, was clearly suspicious. There are a lot of differences.

The Hitch said:
All your imaginary sources are also telling you Europcar is clean?

I dont know when this graphic came, I would put them with an star less today, but one is true, French cycling has been for years the cleanest, the normal situation in cycling is with French riders in the top, and now that happens, not at the level before globalization, but again a good level.

There were some years ago three big promising riders in France: L´Hotelerie, Di Gregorio and Rolland. The first had his problems with doping, the second as well, but it looks a mistake, I dont know, but it is not strange that at least one is a great rider and can be even the best climber in TdF... why not? Voeckler? it is hard to believe his perfomance in Galibier, but he is better with a cleaner pelotoon, that is normal. He wear yelow gersey before this times several days, so he wasnt very bad.

the sceptic said:
Do tell, what has changed that makes the sport so much cleaner than say, 2009?

I could say you several things, but it is something that you have to be inside cycling, to hear riders and to see the difference with the riders behabiour.

But this is something that I dont say, Hamilton say in his book.

The biopassport has sep up, it has been a long way from 2008 till maybe today still, but 2011 is ok.. the Contador case, that was maybe the end for a lot of teams, if he could fail, everybody could. That made that people doping with more work and less advantage and more expensive, think twice if it worth...

When I see riders from here, go to Venezuela, Colombia, and see his result, you realize that now here is different, when you see a master following quintana in Madrid. I could say you some things, but, you are not going to believe me.

Now everybody talk when a rider dope, before everybody shut up, you lose reputation, before no...

There are riders with good reputation wining importants things. You could say, Lance had a good reputation.. really??

An other evidence is climbing time... you see the hematocrit level getting down (that is something public) and the power/kg getting down as well. even the avearge speed of last Tours is lower than Tours harder

You see the improvement in thecnologhy, but the average not improve, so..
if you can see in the biopassport they finished 42 a Tour instead 49 as before... well...how to say in English... if you think: now they use aicar os others thing (yes, I know, they have used it some time some riders even in Europe).. they must do the same power as before...I dont know if you follow me.. if the hematocrit is lower, the average lower as well, there is not other doping.

You see now a lot of riders doing less performance in the same climbs than before, if you consider all the thing to be in account, and should be the contrary, becouse the world progress and the sport records as well, slowly, for differente improvements.

I could say that everything, any news I read, any result, for me everything makes sense.

You could say... in the contrary makes sanse as well...I think that not for everything, but if yoy think twice, in a period in wich UCI is the same, and some riders are the same, always you are going to find a sense, the dark era is close, and they ldidnt say the truth a lot of times.

But, what have a team as SKy to do to shows they are clean, or Garmin, or any other... or what they have to say... the sentences are going to be always the same: for a doper to explain his victories, and for a no-doper for the same... it is going to be the same always, so it is stupid to say: but, they said the same in the past...

I didnt believe Santambrogio, becouse there wasnt an explanation that makes sense, but with SKy there are an explanation that makes sense always. You could say, oh wait, maybe, but, too much coincidence... well, sometimes that happens, you could say, coincidence in the past were always finished in the say way... and??'

Where are the people I read some day saying Froome is a man for this month, We will never see him again, like Jaskula... I have read that to some skeptics... they have now another theorie I guess...

Where are now the people said last year, Oh my good, T Locke and Dombrosky are going to fly in SKy, maybe Locke could go for the Vuelta :D
I said 6 years ago Uran and Henao will be two of the best riders in the world. What a pity thet finished inthe same team, and what a pity in SKY, but is like that
if EBH were doped he will be doing the same that Lance did, becouse they are similar kind of riders.

Where are now people that said, if Rogers leaves SKy, he will be finished, and Contador was working for him in Dauphine and did second in California.

Where are those people??,.. written other theories that suits them and trying to see a dark side in everything...

;)

(I hope even my bad BS English you can follow)

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
How was Wiggins able to do so well in 2009 considering that was one of the dirtiest tours ever and pretty much everyone else in the top 10 was a doper.

132 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Team High Road 3.55.37
133 André Greipel (Ger) Team High Road 3.56.33
134 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Team High Road 3.57.52

a year later climbing with Lance. Biggest transformation ever? (except for Dawg)

Taxus4a said:
<snipped>

(I hope even my bad BS English you can follow)

The English I can follow, the logic, less well.
I wish you were right, I really do, but I really haven't seen it yet, and I've been around this sport as a racer, mechanic, coach, shop manager, shop owner, and sponsor for more than 40 years. I know what goes on, all Sky has is a new angle, a new drug, one which apparently can turn some guys into 2% bodyfat TT monsters. In all my time in racing loosing too much weight causes a reduction of power, but not Froome or Wigans or coincidentally (?) their teammates. There is something fishy there and it's not EBH's herring. As Bruyneel so eloquently put it "none of this would have come out if we would have only given Floyd a ride", I wonder who will turn out to be Sky's Landis?

Mr. McQ said:
You had made a comment about the track I simply made another point about the track

The point of this thread was to clearly state how ridiculous matters are getting in this forum about Team SKY With USPS there were rumours and issues These do not exist for SKY

It is simply the most professionally run team in all of cycling

Transparent sock puppet is transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.