• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Three Days of De Panne

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Didnt I say that Westra would become a threat? If he didn't got caught by the cold yesterday and dropped, he would have won the Driedaagse van de Panne

4/5 seconds that Millar won today would not have been enough.
Really a shame and a missed chance for Westra
Yes, but then again, he did get caught by the cold, so Millar was the strongest. Nevertheless, losing less than 5 secs to Millar in such a TT... Westra is getting better and better.

Millar had something left in the tank, if he'd needed it.
Good, flat out ITT by Westra, but I doubt the's a cyclist out there who doesn't think about what might have been.
Sure, if he'd had that 6 seconds advantage from Tuesday, things would have been mighty close......
......but he didn't.
Millar won by being stronger and consistent.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Millar took the GC comfortably in the end, 35 seconds ahead of Grivko, who looked tired after yesterday.

Millar thoroughly deserved this in my opinion, he worked hard for the first two days, but expended his energy very tactically. He got in all the right moves, and attacked once and only once on both of the decisive stages.

He is on very good form right now, I think he might be even able to pull off a top 30 finish in one of the two monuments coming up.

Mellow Velo said:
Millar had something left in the tank, if he'd needed it.
Good, flat out ITT by Westra, but I doubt the's a cyclist out there who doesn't think about what might have been.
Sure, if he'd had that 6 seconds advantage from Tuesday, things would have been mighty close......
......but he didn't.
Millar won by being strong and consistent.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
that is a pretty impressive ride by Millar. This is looking like a good season for him.

In the interview he just said he is doing all 3 GT's again so it is going to be a long one...

At the race today . . .

I'm a big cycling fan (and former Cat. 2) from the U.S. who lives in Egypt and is in Belgium on spring break. Garmin-Transitions is my favorite team and I have followed bike racing since 1984, when I was 14.

This is so cool. We lucked out and got a hotel 1 block away from the start ramp for the tt. Watched Tyler Farrar win the morning stage and then Dave Millar in the tt this afternoon, along with the overall. Amazing. I am so impressed by the way he has ridden--the conditions here the last several days have truly been epic.

We also went to the E3 Prijs and Gent-Wevelgem (staying on the Kemmelberg). This has been an amazing trip. Next up--the RVV.

I totally recommend this kind of trip to anyone who can swing it. WOW!

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
i'm delighted for millar- pressure was on and he came through- last time i saw him 'live' in a tt was the final tt of the tour somewhere around cognac (2007?) when he ended up kicking his bike along the road right in front of me ! i hope he takes a fancy to flanders and targets these type of races from now on- he'd be a dream escapee in roubaix with his ability

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Choocher said:
I'm a big cycling fan (and former Cat. 2) from the U.S. who lives in Egypt and is in Belgium on spring break. Garmin-Transitions is my favorite team and I have followed bike racing since 1984, when I was 14.

This is so cool. We lucked out and got a hotel 1 block away from the start ramp for the tt. Watched Tyler Farrar win the morning stage and then Dave Millar in the tt this afternoon, along with the overall. Amazing. I am so impressed by the way he has ridden--the conditions here the last several days have truly been epic.

We also went to the E3 Prijs and Gent-Wevelgem (staying on the Kemmelberg). This has been an amazing trip. Next up--the RVV.

I totally recommend this kind of trip to anyone who can swing it. WOW!

Sounds sweet man!! I am envious...I did get my tickets for the Tour this year and plan on catching the prologue in Rotterdam!! Please give updates after RVV!!

TRDean said:
Sounds sweet man!! I am envious...I did get my tickets for the Tour this year and plan on catching the prologue in Rotterdam!! Please give updates after RVV!!

I'll update as much as I am able to for sure. We really wanted to go to the Tour, but we're moving back to the U.S. this June and it was easier and less expensive to hit the classics for us this spring. So I am also envious of your upcoming trip. Have fun.

Forecast for Sunday:
High 40's, windy as hell, and rain

Game on.

TRENDING THREADS