• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tips for MTBers Becoming Roadies

BroDeal said:
Aauurrghh! I missed this since I never read Bike Radar. I thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/humour-tips-for-becoming-a-roadie-14451

Hilarious!

Especially the comments on ...

Triathletes "Triathletes will try to infiltrate your ranks and join your rides, then demonstrate that they have no idea of how to ride in a group, and very little control of their direction of travel"

and

Arms "It's a well-known fact that roadies bind their arms to their sides when not riding bikes, doing everything they can to facilitate the atrophy of these non-contributing limbs" (mental note - weight loss tip # 638)

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal... thanks for posting that!!

So funny. I rode and raced MTB for about 5 years before hitting the road. The differences are astounding. You sure can bunnyhop a road bike pretty far.

:)

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
There is a lot of cross over these days but I started racing tri's and then moved to MTB and then road racing and I have to say the comments are all true.

TRENDING THREADS