• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tired of Cavendish

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
I love the video shot from a motorbike running alongside the 3 leaders coming into the Champs Elysees with Phil Liggett commentating. All you can see is a Cervelo guy leading out (not sure who it was), Thor Hushovd and Petacchi. Hushovd starts sprinting and Liggett starts wondering whether Hushovd is going to "pull off a big surprise". Just as he wonders "where the Manx Missile is", Cav appears in the frame at the rear of the picture and overtakes everyone in a flash.

Classic finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhSNV-t37VM&feature=fvw

When guys like Cavendish smoke Pettachi it gives me hope.

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
I love the video shot from a motorbike running alongside the 3 leaders coming into the Champs Elysees with Phil Liggett commentating. All you can see is a Cervelo guy leading out (not sure who it was), Thor Hushovd and Petacchi. Hushovd starts sprinting and Liggett starts wondering whether Hushovd is going to "pull off a big surprise". Just as he wonders "where the Manx Missile is", Cav appears in the frame at the rear of the picture and overtakes everyone in a flash.

Classic finish.

That was amazing, and his win last year on the Champs Elysees was equally impressive!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Polyarmour said:

Classic finish.

Aaaaah this is the best. I love Thor and Ale-Jet but Cav just makes them look like they are standing still.

A

Anonymous

Here's a thought....

Maybe, just maybe the people who manage the Menace, who live and work with him every day know MORE about good 'ol Cav than the rest of us? It is possible. Maybe the sponsors don't like the image they get when Cav tells the world, "F@ck You!", or when he crashes out the rest of the sprinters. One of his friends out there might want to send him a dictionary so he can learn what the word "abused" means. Then call family services so they can make those meanies stop abusing him.

Still a one trick pony.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the sponsors like their logo on Cav's chest being on the front of sports sections across Europe for five days every July.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
I Agree with BrewerJeff. When Cavendish complains about not getting the benefits, why would that be? People are tired of the arogant and distasteful manner with which he presents himself.
He has talent....but no class.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
Maybe, just maybe the people who manage the Menace, who live and work with him every day know MORE about good 'ol Cav than the rest of us? It is possible. Maybe the sponsors don't like the image they get when Cav tells the world, "F@ck You!", or when he crashes out the rest of the sprinters. One of his friends out there might want to send him a dictionary so he can learn what the word "abused" means. Then call family services so they can make those meanies stop abusing him.

Still a one trick pony.

A pretty good `one trick pony' as one trick ponies go, equal twelth on Tour de France stage victories with Freddy Maertens.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
These people who are 'tired of Cavendish' had better think about starting to watch another sport!

I personally can't wait for the victories to start rolling in next season. Bring it on.:)

Mark-Cavendish-Bradley-Wiggins-800x600_2334679.jpg

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to see Cav leave HTC just to make things more interesting, imagine the tour next year, new Greipel vs new Cav vs New Htc, a bit more spice to those bunch sprint stages!

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Machu Picchu said:
I'd like to see Cav leave HTC just to make things more interesting, imagine the tour next year, new Greipel vs new Cav vs New Htc, a bit more spice to those bunch sprint stages!

Agreed. Would be spot on.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Machu Picchu said:

Do you really think Greipel can match Cav. Maybe you do not want to watch.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Derrick said:
Hawkwood, I don't think we can compare Cavendish with Freddy just yet.

I wasn't and wouldn't, I can't see Cavendish winning anything like the number of classics and other races that Maertens did. However sharing the same number of Tour stage wins with Maertens is not a bad record to have.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Derrick said:
Hawkwood, I don't think we can compare Cavendish with Freddy just yet.

Cav will never be able to. Freddy's 1977 season is better then everything Cavendish achieved so far. Too bad he had to retire so quickly.

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Do you really think Greipel can match Cav. Maybe you do not want to watch.

well that would be the interesting part wouldn't it, how will Greipel perform with Omega Pharma Lotto, how will Cavendish perform without Htc, who will step up from Htc and how will Farrar do with the improved Garmin squad.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Cav will never be able to. Freddy's 1977 season is better then everything Cavendish achieved so far. Too bad he had to retire so quickly.

Taking over where Eddy and Roger left off was quite a feat.

MadonePro

BANNED
Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
euanli said:
tired of threads bashing cavendish, thats what I am

Me too. Add Armstrong too. Unless he tests positive, he''ll always be tainted, yet no-one (and I stress no-one) has proved otherwise.

The world is mad!

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
One of his friends out there might want to send him a dictionary so he can learn what the word "abused" means. Then call family services so they can make those meanies stop abusing him.

Perhaps your dictionay doesn't have the other meanings of abuse in it such as

X abused my trust by repeating Y or
X abused my trust by stealing from me

don't you think the press jumped on the word and reported it in a way they knew most people would interperate it.

I'm sure if you were due to have 4 weeks off work and your employer turned round and said sorry for 3 of those weeks I've booked appointments for you to attend you'd think you'd been taken advantage of taken for granted or "abused"