• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tires used by Rabobank

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have an overview of the brand of tires on which the several teams ride ??

This because Laurens ten Dam today fell pretty hard and broke some bones, and he is not the first Rabocyclist. Remember Horillo, Gesink (twice), Freire, and only a week ago Martens ... It appears to me that rabobank cyclist go down more often than others.

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Stampertje said:
Does anyone have an overview of the brand of tires on which the several teams ride ??

This because Laurens ten Dam today fell pretty hard and broke some bones, and he is not the first Rabocyclist. Remember Horillo, Gesink (twice), Freire, and only a week ago Martens ... It appears to me that rabobank cyclist go down more often than others.

Do you mean crashes caused by punctures? What do these crashes have to do with tires?

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
"Tires don't cause crashes, riders do"

Also if you're going to include crashes that happened last year (Horrillo), you can probably make equally long lists for every team and every type of tire

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
If I remember correctly Rabobank is sponsored by Vittoria and some months ago there were pictures going around on the net with Rabobank bikes on some Vittoria prototypes (or at least they were labelled as prototype).

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Stampertje said:
If you have a puncture or your tire has not enough grip, you have a high probability to crash ......

True, but accidents also have lots of other reasons, like badly skilled riders or too sudden movements in the group or road furniture. Punctures happen to everyone. If it was the tire brand's fault, I believe that would be the first thing riders would demand to be changed.

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I think it was reported that Horrillo hit a patch of wet leaves in a sweeping turn on a mountain descent. If so, I don't know of too many tires that will handle that well.

Stampertje said:

Don't read Dutch cycling forums too often. I don't know how many Garmin riders have broken their collar bone this season, but it's a lot, and you'll find nothing about that on Dutch websites with their Rabo obsession.