• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico 2019, March 13-19

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

yaco said:
johnymax said:
yaco said:
Good day for the top 3 in GC - Have 30 riders contesting the final in the upcoming stages which means tyhe shouldn't lose any time before the final ITT and maybe one can pinch bonus seconds.

Lol no chance. Have you seen the profiles. There will be gaps at the top. Not big gaps but riders will lose time. Even among the favourites.

I suspect the profiles aren't as hard as expected - There will be minimal gaps if riders are at their level.

Very wrong.

Re:

Salvarani said:
Context matters. Has Adam ever had the lead and riding this impressive before an ITT like this? He might perform better than usual.
he also was the best on both hill top finishes last year (although finishing 2nd behind Roglic in the 1st one, who attacked early on). Sure there is a chance, but I'd think Roglic is still the favorite to take the overall

Clipboard.jpg

Re: Re:

JosephK said:
Lequack said:
Yeah the 2019 Adam is something else. Throw all the previous results into the bin.

Yes. Adam's emergence is looking a lot like Simon's last year. Remember Simon's dramatic time-trialing improvement last year?

I mostly remember how dominant he was in the Giro before those final few days. Literally jumped away from Dumoulin, Froome and others like he was on a training ride, Dumoulin then said noone even thought about following they were all at the max. Reminiscent of how Adam rode away from Roglic and others yesterday. So yeah, he's definitely not losing 25 sec in the TT.