• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 1, San Vincenzo -> Donoratico, 16.9 kms TTT (06/03/2013)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win this?

• OTHER (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
GC
Movistar Team (Cobo, Capecchi)
BMC (Evans) +5

Cannondale (Moser) +8
Astana (Nibali) +9

Sky (Froome) +14
Saxo-Tinkoff (Contador) +18
Lampre-Merida (Cunego) +24
RadioShack (Horner) +25

Katusha (Rodriguez) +33
Ag2r-La Mondiale (Pozzovivo) +54

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
BlenJones2 said:
OPQS and BMC have great teams but I think Movistar could be a surprise. Taking Castroviejo and Dowsett so got TTers in their team and showed in the vuelta that they can do a job. But the form OPQS have shown recently I suspect theyll pull through

I know I backed OPQS, but still, smug.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Big surprise for me is Movistar; they have become a TTT team!!!

Saxo disappointing, Nibali sitting pretty good :) Nice recovery by him!

Banesto and Once were historically great performers of TTT.

Contador should send Jesus to Giro and get Morkov

forkboy84 said:
"Horrible" is just a bit hyperbolic. It's a disappointing result for sure, but it hardly destroys Alberto's GC chances.

Don't bother trying to reason with her, waste of time. Every time Contador loses just a little time, he, according to her, is obviously in decline and won't ever win again.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
After all the talk, Sky still beat Saxo Tinkoff even ina ****ty TTT squad from them ? Surprised, but it shows again great teamwork is much more important in TTT than having many great individual riders on ITT (as shown by Liquigas many times at Giro TTT's.)

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Miburo said:
GC is over, Contador should just give up.

Yeah, no point in racing any more. Sure, he is one of the best climbers and time trialists in the world, but that's hardly gonna help him on a MTF or an ITT. Only the TTT could have saved him.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Obviously he can still finish podium but winning will be very hard now, he had to take time here.

3015062728_6b27f9a6ae.jpg

TRENDING THREADS