• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno - Adriatico Stage 1, San Vincenzo -> Donoratico, 16.9 kms TTT (06/03/2013)

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win this?

• OTHER (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
We've never seen Froome in top form handle any top climbers, so why not? A few years ago Basso was definitely going to challenge Contador and Schleck in the Tour. Until he actually tried it.

First of all ITT ability.

And climbing ability I think Froome is better than Purito. I hope i'm wrong though.

But Purito will normally just suck contador's wheel until the last km, Froome is way different obviously assuming Froome can even suck the wheel.

I hope not. But I consider Froome way more dangerous than Purito.

Then again it's hard to use the vuelta as an example since Contador wasn't 100% so we've no idea how good purito can actually climb opposed to Contador being 100%. And Froome never seemed to go full 100% in the tour although sometimes he seemed to struggle.

But then VROOME VROOME...lol

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
We've never seen Froome in top form handle any top climbers, so why not? A few years ago Basso was definitely going to challenge Contador and Schleck in the Tour. Until he actually tried it.
Great comparison.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
Those people were judging Basso based on how he was before his ban. That was then almost 3 years ago.

After his ban he was never a threat to AS and AC.

Basso is a man whose era was stolen. Objectively. In my view, he was good at the Tour considering the circumstances of his preparation. Short stages with lots of early attack don't suit him at all. Basso needs long warming-up.

But what direct analogies can be drawn between Basso and Contador is unclear

airstream said:
Basso is a man whose era was stolen. Objectively. In my view, he was good at the Tour considering the circumstances of his preparation. Short stages with lots of early attack don't suit him at all. Basso needs long warming-up.

But what direct analogies can be drawn between Basso and Contador is unclear

And right here we stop ALL clinic remarks. This is a warning to all posters.

theyoungest said:

Which year is that? The one where he went into the race as the newly crowned winner of a super hard giro and failed like everyone else who had done the giro?

Or the year he had a bad crash 6 weeks before the start of the tour and never managed to get on form for it?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
And right here we stop ALL clinic remarks. This is a warning to all posters.

What are you talking about? Airstream was talking about Basso's fall on the etna in 2011.

I don't see the clinic. The only one who brought it up was you :eek:

TRENDING THREADS