• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno -Adriatico Stage 4: 243km San Gemini - Chieti

Tirenno stage winner

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
t04_alt_600.jpg

t04_plan_600.jpg

t04_ukm_600.jpg

Looks like a tough stage in tough weather with a tough finish which is ideal for a tough rider!

Who will win?

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
CN forum going prediction bonkers!

Gesink or Pellizotti or Evans, I guess.

[edit] Oh f***, there's a poll!

[edit] Are the shark and the dolphin interchangeable, or what?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
CN forum going prediction bonkers!

Gesink or Pellizotti or Evans, I guess.

its good i think, but we should be able to see who voted for who, create an ongoing competition (i know i know its done very well in other places)

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
stefrees said:
its good i think, but we should be able to see who voted for who, create an ongoing competition (i know i know its done very well in other places)

Ongoing competition? I might lose, really, but it would be fun. Someone mentioned starting a game like last year. That would be great, but I don't know how to do the graphics etc., or remember how the scoring worked.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Be this the official stage thread?
Anyhow, looks a bit like last year, when the Eyetalians ganged up on poor Mr Freiburg.
Expect those green boys and a few others to stir up trouble, but the main climbs are a mighty long way from the finish.

This is going to be mano a mano on the last climb. It is a very tough stage and even though the harders climb is going to be the first one, it looks very undulating and long! Lots of shorter hardee climbs to the end!

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Almost a personal affront, this, not putting Hagens name up there, just because a modicum of climbing is involved. Well, your loss. EBH FTW.

hektoren said:
Almost a personal affront, this, not putting Hagens name up there, just because a modicum of climbing is involved. Well, your loss. EBH FTW.
Just look at the final kilometers, and realise that EBH is going to struggle. I don't even think Sky expects him to finish at the front, as Löfkvist is their main man for this one. I mean, hello, a 19 % incline?!

Gesink it is, for me. And not just because of national bias ;)

theyoungest said:
Just look at the final kilometers, and realise that EBH is going to struggle. I don't even think Sky expects him to finish at the front, as Löfkvist is their main man for this one. I mean, hello, a 19 % incline?!

EBH can actually climb short steep hills really well, but definitely not after a 240 km hard stage. He'll probably lose minimum 30 seconds. He might surprise, though.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:

+ 1

maltiv: I bet he loses a lot more then 30 secs.

Gesink, Evans, Nibali, Pelli, or one of the other Italians. Looks like a great finish.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
+ 1

maltiv: I bet he loses a lot more then 30 secs.

Gesink, Evans, Nibali, Pelli, or one of the other Italians. Looks like a great finish.

he will be way off the pace...not sure if garzelli will be up there?

GC contenders positions
2 Linus Gerdemann (Ger) Team Milram 0:00:04 (outside contender)
9 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:13
27 Thomas Löfkvist (Swe) Sky Professional Cycling Team 0:00:14
33 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo s.t
36 Kim Kirchen (Lux) Team Katusha s.t
38 Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Acqua & Sapone s.t
42 Michael Rogers (Aus) Team HTC - Columbia s.t
46 Robert Gesink (Ned) Rabobank s.t
48 Michele Scarponi (Ita) Androni Giocattoli s.t
72 Franco Pellizotti (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo s.t

hektoren said:

You're allowed to dream!.. But I don't think he will be able to stick with it, especially over that 15% section.

Pellizotti or Cuddles for me.

This is the live race in Aus tonight (P-N delayed) which I think is a good move :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
You're allowed to dream!.. But I don't think he will be able to stick with it, especially over that 15% section.

Pellizotti or Cuddles for me.

This is the live race in Aus tonight (P-N delayed) which I think is a good move :D

Live on foxtel??? It is annoying I don't have it!

Scarponi for me, he looked strong yesterday, really pulling along that late break. Although given that today is 240km long, maybe his late stage efforts yesterday could cost him some explosiveness on the final climb.

He'll still take it though, ahead of Nibali and Gesink.

TRENDING THREADS