• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico stage 6: Montecosaro - Macerata 134km

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The profile:

2_2010_6.jpg

The finale:
2_2010_6_F.jpg

Tonight the winner is decided. discuss.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
This one for you timmy.......i think GESINK will win finale...............evans will win overall.

haha, would be nice. The course does suit him I think, but we'll see.

theswordsman said:
Is Iglinsky an Italian name?:cool:

I can see him winning overall. Evans too.

could we stick this maybe?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Evans will have to go ealry to get rid of scarponi. i'm thinking towards nibali for the stage.

I have a feeling scarponi will lose it on the final climb, and don't forget that steep section at the end, he could easily lose the race there, and if yesterday is any indication evans, or maybe garzelli could steal it from him.

It helps gesink that the climb doesn't get steep instantly.

blaxland said:
I would like to see gesink and evans team up on Scarponi..................maybe even go 1-2 overall..

Their history makes me think maybe not :p

the riders should have an indication of how they might fare when they hit the climb the final time.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
haha, would be nice. The course does suit him I think, but we'll see.

I can see him winning overall. Evans too.

could we stick this maybe?

Are you starting to appreciate CE, Timmy? JOIN THE CLUB!:D

you barrack for evans in the giro and i will barrack for gesink and make my avatar of gesink during july if evans is not there?

i think evans realised it was not gesink's fault in the vuelta.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

you barrack for evans in the giro and i will barrack for gesink and make my avatar of gesink during july if evans is not there?

haha nope, not appreciation. he was just good last night, weather i like the guy or not (and i don't :p) doesn't change the fact he showed some strength last night tho... also i thought garzelli was the strongest :p

I think you can safely i assume i'll never support him :p Mollema and Basso for the giro, wooT!

Astana is dominating this race in the all important TEAMS classification.

Teams classification
1 Astana 71:05:03
2 Androni Giocattoli 0:00:52
3 Lampre-Farnese Vini 0:00:55
4 Rabobank 0:01:23
5 Caisse d'Epargne 0:01:28
6 Team HTC - Columbia 0:02:01
7 Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:04:14
8 Acqua & Sapone 0:06:55
9 Sky Professional Cycling Team 0:09:11
10 Colnago - CSF Inox 0:09:46

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Astana is dominating this race in the all important TEAMS classification.

Teams classification
1 Astana 71:05:03
2 Androni Giocattoli 0:00:52
3 Lampre-Farnese Vini 0:00:55
4 Rabobank 0:01:23
5 Caisse d'Epargne 0:01:28
6 Team HTC - Columbia 0:02:01
7 Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:04:14
8 Acqua & Sapone 0:06:55
9 Sky Professional Cycling Team 0:09:11
10 Colnago - CSF Inox 0:09:46

Iglinsky for astana has been very good so far this season. He deserves a tour spot on his efforts and results so far.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Iglinsky for astana has been very good so far this season. He deserves a tour spot on his efforts and results so far.

A mediocre Kazach rider that suddenly wins the Eroica and now is among the best in the toughest TA stages at the age of 29 really does raise my eyebrows.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
il_fiammingo said:
A mediocre Kazach rider that suddenly wins the Eroica and now is among the best in the toughest TA stages at the age of 29 really does raise my eyebrows.

Save it for the clinic buddy!;) But i understnd what your saying

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Evans looked insanely good last night. The climb isn't long or hard enough for him to win the overall, but he can win the stage if he has those legs.

Evans would be my selection.

il_fiammingo said:

Seems a step up this year but he has won races in the past, he won a mountain stage in the Dauphine in 2007, won a tough uphill sprint finish in Romandie in 2008.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think I will have to watch this stage. Looks to be a good one.

I don't think Evans has the punch to win the overall. Scarponi to get over his crash and pull out the GC win.

Looks epic. Just chance before the sprint finish tomorrow.

auscyclefan94 said:

I do have to say, i find my old distaste of Evans slowly ebbing away. Maybe i'm just star-struck by the rainbow jersey (or maybe you're finally succeeding in indoctrinating me :mad:). But I'm thinking about the stage now and I find myself....... rooting for Evans :confused:

He's starting to grow on me, much like athlete's foot. He's the Leopold Bloom of cyclists. :p

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
I do have to say, i find my old distaste of Evans slowly ebbing away. Maybe i'm just star-struck by the rainbow jersey (or maybe you're finally succeeding in indoctrinating me :mad:). But I'm thinking about the stage now and I find myself....... rooting for Evans :confused:

He's starting to grow on me, much like athlete's foot. He's the Leopold Bloom of cyclists. :p

i dont dislike evans, am a bit not bothered either way. would like to see him beat certain italians i just dont like. but didnt think his ride yday was that good.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I already liked the way Evans raced last year, but he makes it hard for me to like him as person, when he puts in another emotional and quite tactless after-race comment once in a while :(

It's all off-road that makes me dislike evans, the comments, excuses just annoy me.

Moondance said:
I do have to say, i find my old distaste of Evans slowly ebbing away. Maybe i'm just star-struck by the rainbow jersey (or maybe you're finally succeeding in indoctrinating me :mad:). But I'm thinking about the stage now and I find myself....... rooting for Evans

I'd rather him win the scarponi, but other then that, i'd rather practically anyone else to take overall :D

also i hope your rooting for evans excludes gesink, traitor! :p

TRENDING THREADS