• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico stage 7: Civitanova Marche - San Benedetto del Tronto 164km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I just watched the helicopter footage and it definitely looked hazardous to me. I can see no legitimate reason for swerving and if either Pettachi or Farrar had gone straight ahead there could easily have been a crash. Pettachi and Farrar even make contact when Pettachi moves to the left to avoid EBH.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Someone at Sky really needs to stamp that bad habit out of him. That was very dangerous. Swerving like that tends to cause nasty, nasty crashes.

What were the comissaires doing? Twiddling thumbs and watching X Factor?

+1

Also the difference with the leadouts of sky and the leadouts of HTC is the speed and timing. HTC's pace was infernal. Sky in qatar, oman and in italy have gotten swamped. Today though they got it right.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Sabrina Ballerini? She was at least there and presented the prizes so I guess she was the one kissing as well.

No, no, I meant that girl:

bettiniphoto_0047593_1_full_600.jpg

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
max_powers said:
EBH is a talented Professional Cyclist hired by a new team to do a job.

It appears he got the job done, professionally done.

in the replay witness the veer back to his right, just to be sure.

Even if he had veered back to his right it wouldn't have made his veering to the left less dangerous. As it happened he did not, in fact, veer back right until much later (when Pettachi was trying to overtake from the right incidentally, though that move didn't look dangerous). The only way that sprint was professional was if he deliberately boxed in Pettachi and Farrar and managed to get away with it.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
+1

Also the difference with the leadouts of sky and the leadouts of HTC is the speed and timing. HTC's pace was infernal. Sky in qatar, oman and in italy have gotten swamped. Today though they got it right.

Sky must learn the hard way now as natural law in the peolton abides in future races...

TRENDING THREADS