• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Todays idiot masters fattie doper

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
ericfalcon said:
Perhaps a new addition to the "caption this" thread.

w14.jpg

Camo kit with built in deer p!ss smell?

Boeing said:
It is so blatant. As I have said before. Dudes here in socal dope for Como and Thursday night crits just to get over on Joe Mortgage

Don't forget Food Park and Eldo....

But seriously, we've been told over and over that there is no doping in amateur cycling, definitely no doping in Masters races, and zero chance of it happening in So Cal.;)

Oh yeah, and no former pros here either.:rolleyes:

MacRoadie said:
Don't forget Food Park and Eldo....

But seriously, we've been told over and over that there is no doping in amateur cycling, definitely no doping in Masters races, and zero chance of it happening in So Cal.;)

Oh yeah, and no former pros here either.:rolleyes:
pay no attention to the fat guy climbing Newport Coast with the front group.
nothing to see here...;):D

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Todd Robertson, 49, of Boulder, Colo

http://www.usada.org/media/sanction-robertson3302012

Here is an interview with Todd

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...68+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

I was stealing TV’s for a living and realized that I had great get-away speed so I thought I would try it legally to see how I would do.

If you could race with any pro, from any time in history who would it be? Michael Rasmussen while he was in Italy, I mean Mexico training for the 2008 Tour. OK, just kidding. But I would like to have coffee with his doctor.

What part of bike racing do you absolutely loathe? Saddle sores, chest pains, nausea and all of the drugs that area illegal.

Ripper said:
Looks pretty mellow ... people actually dope for this frickin' sh!t?? :eek:

It's pretty mellow until you hit about the 12:00 mark in the video. Then it's into Live Oak Canyon and all uphill and hard.

That video, based on the size of the bunch and the warmers is probably the dead of "winter" here in So Cal and the tempo looks pretty relaxed.

I'm also guessing, from the size of the pack, that it was Como Worlds (aka Roger's Cup). That usually brings out a lot more bodies, but sometimes means an slower pace at the get-go then go like hell at the end.

Race Radio said:
Not a doper but a 47 year old idiot, fattie, master intentionally crashes Kenda’s Isaac Howe. Broken Collarbone

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...-speed-week-puts-kendas-isaac-howe-out_216880

How does a fatty master racer get to ride along, let alone have word with, a young pro in a side wind infested crit? Must be outragously talented?
The pro's in the crit are of course going to side with their mate. Wonder what the non-pro's have to say.
When I rode crits with paid riders at the start, there was just no hanging on. No way. Especially not with a wind factor. And I was in my 20's myself.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
How does a fatty master racer get to ride along, let alone have word with, a young pro in a side wind infested crit? Must be outragously talented?
The pro's in the crit are of course going to side with their mate. Wonder what the non-pro's have to say.
When I rode crits with paid riders at the start, there was just no hanging on. No way. Especially not with a wind factor. And I was in my 20's myself.

No-Pro's say the same, that the fat old dude crashed him intentionally and has a history of fighting people.

Maybe he should take up golf?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I had a situation happen once at a race. Words exchanged, cocky attitudes made cockier, etc. An hour later, the guy somes up to me and blindsides me with a physical assault. Logic would have seemed to indicate a clear-cut, obvious case of assualt & battery.

The cops (& DA) saw it as "mutual combat". I did have guy "arrested", but it was really a situation where they cuffed him, put him in the car, got his name, address, SSN, etc and then filed the report and sent it to the prosecutor. And in these situations (unless great bodily injury occurs), pretty much nothing happens to the guy.

It took me some years to "get over it"

May 21, 2010
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Really? He has a history of it? Where is that evidence?

Seems like the truth lies somewhere in between the stories of both riders.

Here is a quote from Howe: “I think that people in races, they get angry,” Howe said. “And I’m used to that. I would be lying if I said I didn’t participate in that. But the reason why you don’t act on the people who make you angry in the race is the potential for hurting other people,” he said. “I brushed it off. I don’t have time to waste with petty apologies in a bike race… It was out of this world. It was unbelievable.”

Sounds like Howe thought we was entitled to some space/line in a turn, the guy didn't yield, as you don't have to! And then Howe took the worst of it. Yes, he says you don't act on it, and that is Howe's claim.

But, now Howe claims he intentionally, while in the middle of a high speed turn mind you, the guy reached over and grabbed his hand and pulled him down. Wow, never see anyone pull that magical trick at 30mph, take one hand off the bar and pull another one down mid turn????

Then, where are his "mates" as to the whole, "you want to take on 5 guys" comment that Howe is accused of telling Atkins? Hmmm...more he said she said. He probably denies that threat.

There is dicey stuff in every race, from Cat 5 to Pros...the pros aren't immune, despite was the stary-eyed fanboys say, from crashing, doing stupid things, and being not so great bike handlers 100% of the time.

The thing I'm disappointed with is they called the police and the only thing they are going on is Howe's side of the story?!?! I don't see any evidence/quotes from people that witnessed the actual alledged pulldown/intentional crash.

I don't buy either story entirely as I stated. Howe apparently likes to chat it up during races and instigate stuff himself.

We need some actual eye-witnesses to this "incident" that aren't on the Kenda team to corroborate the full story. Otherwise, the police should leave it be and Howe needs to chalk it up to "racing."

I was about to say that this story may need time to "mature" since it's all over the place. But you voiced my own reservations quite well!

BotanyBay said:
I had a situation happen once at a race. Words exchanged, cocky attitudes made cockier, etc. An hour later, the guy somes up to me and blindsides me with a physical assault. Logic would have seemed to indicate a clear-cut, obvious case of assualt & battery.

The cops (& DA) saw it as "mutual combat". I did have guy "arrested", but it was really a situation where they cuffed him, put him in the car, got his name, address, SSN, etc and then filed the report and sent it to the prosecutor. And in these situations (unless great bodily injury occurs), pretty much nothing happens to the guy.

It took me some years to "get over it"

Been close to that myself, as the potential victim, but after some nut threatened me during a race after incidental/accidental contact, I had my eyes open after the race and ready for some craziness, along with some backup lurking nearby.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between both stories. Howe acts like he is completely innocent in the entire situation, but comments/statements made by him seem to indicate otherwise as a partial instigator.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
zigmeister said:
Really? He has a history of it? Where is that evidence?

Seems like the truth lies somewhere in between the stories of both riders.

I noticed you edited your post. Did you find out the incident did not happen in the turn but on the straight? That it was deliberate? That multiple riders, and video, backed up Howe?