• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Todays idiot masters fattie doper

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 25, 2010
BroDeal said:
It looks like Anthony has been making the rounds in a damage control effort.
Absolutely that is what he is doing. First via Andy Shen (NY Velocity) and now via Velonews.

I hope his big-media clients run his name through google before considering Bondi Digital as an archiving solution.

Aug 10, 2010
BroDeal said:
It looks like Anthony has been making the rounds in a damage control effort.

He was obsessed. That's it. That's the ticket. They might believe that.

He had to dope because he was afraid his cat 4 racing team would kick him out if he did not produce.

I am also having a hard time believing that his early Battenkill wins were clean. I get the feeling that he started on the juice when he was a cat 6 and planning on racing.
I think the desire to belong to a group also played a significant role in this.

Aug 10, 2010
JMBeaushrimp said:
"And I think that cycling is different. Somehow, it’s different than everything else. It rewards the obsessive, compulsive nature."

Wow! What a d*uchebag! Pushing 50, and getting wind-tunnel time?

Nice try blaming the sport for your mental/moral weakness...
"Today's idiot masters fattie doper."

Mar 18, 2009
JMBeaushrimp said:
Not uncommon for age grouper triathletes...

Of all the crap that triathletes buy in an attempt to qualify for Kona, wind tunnel time might be the best investment that could be made.

Apr 10, 2009
MarkvW said:
"Today's idiot masters fattie doper."
As master's racers compared to the young fit kids, we are fat That's the way it is, we just have to accept it. Something Anthony didn't do. :rolleyes:

Just read that GranFondo guy article, reminded me of the guy who started a programme as kind of an experiment to see what the changes actually are.

Everytime I read one of these it makes me wonder what the difference is in how the guys feel clean vs doped.

Apr 10, 2009
MacRoadie said:
Seth does have a way with words...
Yes he does. Although I still think doping to race master's (or anything else in the amateur categories) is beyond ridiculous......

JMBeaushrimp said:
"And I think that cycling is different. Somehow, it’s different than everything else. It rewards the obsessive, compulsive nature."

Nice try blaming the sport for your mental/moral weakness...
I do not think he is blaming the sport, it seems like he is pointing out the sport exploits a weakness that he already has. Which is true (as it would be with most competitive sports).

A

Anonymous

MacRoadie said:
This would be more farcical if there weren't about twenty grains of truth in it. Kinda makes you wonder how many dudes out there really think like this: the mindset of the idiot masters fattie doper:

The Off-Season Transfer Scrum

"Nobody said being a professional masters racer was easy."

:D

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS