• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tom Dumoulin discussion thread

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

the_cutter said:
lartiste said:
klintE said:
Tom is continuing his misbehaviour. He will regret it later.

what you mean?

Probably referring to the "they helped me 'cause they like me more than Quintana and Nibbles" quote. I'm a Nibali fan and I smirked, I enjoy it when people throw jabs at each other, so this was good fun for me. But klintE shouldn't worry, Dumoulin will get more vanilla as sponsors will start showing up and get his ear.

source? I cannot see TD claims that the guys like him more than Quintana and Nibbles

in addition Adam Yates had one more reason to help Tom - to thank NQ and Movistar to push when he crashed ;)

lartiste said:
I am not really TD follower, I will be same happy if either he or Pinot will win this. But I do not see what is wrong with that. And I do not consider that lame fighting, from my point of view it was mere lame fighting from Quintana than from Tom. It was Quintana trying to organize the first group and doing nearly nothing ... .
Nairo has other goals, just for remember
And seeing Pinot as a winner is more, much more than not objective. He CAN NOT do this. It's beyond his abilities. Deal with it :)

Ok, see you guys are very agreed so... Maybe I'm biased on Tom. It will pass I think

Just this puzlle, completely out of the blue, I mean whats your first impression:
100% Froome 2016 TdF
100% Quintana 2016 Vuelta
100% Dumoulin 2017 Giro
And last Year TdF course.
What Order?
I thin we know.But it will never happen.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Froome's bad days are well covered by his team which is exactly what Dumo needs. Any of Froome's teams would've already sealed the win for Dumo in this Giro.

Having said that when Froome has a good day he can shred the entire peloton including Quintana and Dumo ...

The team is the safety net, one which Dumo needs.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

klintE said:
lartiste said:
I am not really TD follower, I will be same happy if either he or Pinot will win this. But I do not see what is wrong with that. And I do not consider that lame fighting, from my point of view it was mere lame fighting from Quintana than from Tom. It was Quintana trying to organize the first group and doing nearly nothing ... .
And seeing Pinot as a winner is more, much more than not objective. He CAN NOT do this. It's beyond his abilities. Deal with it :)

Lol. If you want to accomplish (a+b) and you fail at a, you cannot talk about other goals.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

lartiste said:
klintE said:
Well, he is giving a thanks to his opponents for lame fighting. Absolutely no one will respect him. Maybe it's a goal. You don't have to respect me. When you afraid of me - it's fair enough.
Anyway, I don't like personallyTom but on the other hand I'm glad that someone let some fresh blood in.
He changed state of play significantly winning that Giro.
Hope to see Vroome, Dumou and Nairito battle in Giro next year. Or in Vuelta in this year. (TDF is designed by some crack or fentanyl poisoned freak so I'm not gonna watch it)

The first sentence summarizes Quinatana in the Giro.
The second summarizes Quintana in today's stage.

Obviously Quintana is not going to win the Tour de France. But in the off chance he hits the jackpot, his Giro loss will be a mere footnote.

Dumoulin won't win the Tour this year either but it would be fun to see him go for the double in the Vuelta (though his chances there are very slim).

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

klintE said:
Ataraxus said:
Lol. If you want to accomplish (a+b) and you fail at a, you cannot talk about other goals.
But when "b"is much more worth for you than "a", and you subordinate your preparations more for "b" than for "a" it's not that simple like you described.

It is simpler than I described actually. The target and the plan was.......THE DOUBLE, plain and simple. There are countless sources of Unzue and Quintana saying that.
Today you write that Quintana has other plans. What plans are you talking about? Because the plan that we and the media know of, most probably, is going down the flush tomorrow.

Ataraxus said:
klintE said:
Ataraxus said:
But when "b"is much more worth for you than "a", and you subordinate your preparations more for "b" than for "a" it's not that simple like you described.
It is simpler than I described actually. The target and the plan was.......THE DOUBLE, plain and simple. There are countless sources of Unzue and Quintana saying that.
Today you write that Quintana has other plans. What plans are you talking about? Because the plan that we and the media know of, most probably, is going down the flush tomorrow.
You invested 500 on a one business and 1500 on other business.
First business failed
Now, what you suggest, is throw 1500 in the mud because of loosing 500. Pure nonsens
Quintana never accomplished TdF win, it's Noah's ark for him [;

Edit: Jesus Christ. I meant: Holy Grail! :)))

DanielSong39 said:
Red Rick said:
His chances are practically 0 as he won't be targetting it.

So he won't be targeting the Vuelta?

Not surprised, but hope he will be back in next year's Tour de France!
I think someone else said it, but it just makes sense for him to pick his fights. The worlds ITT would be the next big target. Dumoulin is unlikely to ever be a GT rider only.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Everyone on these forums think every rider should go to the Vuelta !!!!!...I am beginning to think most members are on the Vuelta organisation committee

Give Dumoulin a chance...It takes alot to target a GT...

Maybe an easy second part of the season and a buildup to the 2018 Tour

Good points :D

Regarding the Vuelta, I think that more GC riders should TARGET it, though not more do it. If the teams don't force all of their top riders to go to the Tour (or the Giro), then I think it would be in many slightly below top tier riders best interests to target a couple of one week races, and then the Vuelta (skipping the first 2 GT's entirely). Or maybe ride the Giro first, but only target stage wins.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

klintE said:
Ataraxus said:
klintE said:
Ataraxus said:
You invested 500 on a one business and 1500 on other business.
First business failed
Now, what you suggest, is throw 1500 in the mud because of loosing 500. Pure nonsens
Quintana never accomplished TdF win, it's Noah's ark for him [;

Edit: Jesus Christ. I meant: Holy Grail! :)))

Do not be like like a wasp who jumps from place to.place and makes only noise.
You said Quintana had other plans, didn't you?
I am challenging you to find a source that says his plans were anything but the double.

klintE said:
lartiste said:

Other goals!?!? Hell at least Pistolero won the Giro before screwing the Tour in his double quest. Nairito forgot you gotta win the Giro first.

TRENDING THREADS