• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tom Dumoulin discussion thread

Page 149 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

movingtarget said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Latest update: Management Dumoulin is still in talks with Sunweb, no agreement yet, both parties have decided not to talk about anything to the press about this.
Jumbo are rumoured to up their budget to 20€ million to support getting Dumoulin.

More and more it actually looks serious instead of just a rumor.

I doubt it's a rumour. Dumoulin doesn't seem to be happy with Sunweb lately but Jumbo also had plenty of issues during the Giro. I'd hate to see him go to Ineos.

We've already lost Carapaz to Ineos.

movingtarget said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Latest update: Management Dumoulin is still in talks with Sunweb, no agreement yet, both parties have decided not to talk about anything to the press about this.
Jumbo are rumoured to up their budget to 20€ million to support getting Dumoulin.

I doubt it's a rumour. Dumoulin doesn't seem to be happy with Sunweb lately but Jumbo also had plenty of issues during the Giro. I'd hate to see him go to Ineos.
Issues at Jumbo that are hardly any indication for the future. I think he can count on a very solid team for any GT he wants. CCC, Total and UAE-Emirates won't be able to guarantee him a better support.

Cinemaniak said:
movingtarget said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Issues at Jumbo that are hardly any indication for the future. I think he can count on a very solid team for any GT he wants. CCC, Total and UAE-Emirates won't be able to guarantee him a better support.

Actually Jumbo already promised Roglic the 2019 Tour with full support.

Lequack said:
Cinemaniak said:
movingtarget said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Actually Jumbo already promised Roglic the 2019 Tour with full support.
How? By broadcasting every minute for him while he chances diapers? I think him and Dumoulin will be a perfect pair to go for the 2020 TdF.

A climber's Tour where the heavy favorite appears at this point to be G...big missed opportunity for Dumo. I like the thought of him at Jumbo and I think he'll prove the strongest rider and thus get the support, but I hope he doesn't sacrifice GT wins. His chest should be full when he retires.

VayaVayaVaya said:
A climber's Tour where the heavy favorite appears at this point to be G...big missed opportunity for Dumo. I like the thought of him at Jumbo and I think he'll prove the strongest rider and thus get the support, but I hope he doesn't sacrifice GT wins. His chest should be full when he retires.

I'll make a rather bold prediction here: TD will never win TdF (on the road). :eek:

( secretly hoping it'll bite me several times eventually :D )

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tom-dumoulin-join-jumbo-visma-sunweb-2020-say-sources-432325

Looks like

giphy.gif

According to this, Dumoulin would go from earning 1.5 to making 2.5M per year, and it's implied Jumbo will cover the extra costs of the salary and the buy out?

Jumbo also don't wanna discuss it now cause they want to focus on the Tour now.

Re:

Lequack said:
Probably not the best for Roglic. It's a Dutch team and they will prefer Dutch riders like Kruijswik and Dumoulin for sure. And if they plan on using Roglic for a domestique role it will be a bad use of resources.

Without trying to be to simple Roglic is a diet Domoulin. So theoretically Lotto would be happy.

The rumours where Roglic was going to Bahrain. Was that just speculation?

My guess would be Kruijswijk for Giro and then Tour domestique duties, Dumoulin/Roglic joint Tour leaders. Vuelta, whatever.

Roglic/Dumoulin should normally works and will almost always benefit both unless they're like 1 and 2 and the 2nd isn't allowed to attack the first.

Re:

Red Rick said:
My guess would be Kruijswijk for Giro and then Tour domestique duties, Dumoulin/Roglic joint Tour leaders. Vuelta, whatever.

Roglic/Dumoulin should normally works and will almost always benefit both unless they're like 1 and 2 and the 2nd isn't allowed to attack the first.

More like Kruiswijk turning into superdom as of next year in the age of 33 for both Roglic and Dumo, who are going to split the GT's between two of them.

bambino said:
Red Rick said:

More like Kruiswijk turning into superdom as of next year in the age of 33 for both Roglic and Dumo, who are going to split the GT's between two of them.

What if Kruijswijk finds a way to win the Tour this year?

Moviefan1203 said:
bambino said:
Red Rick said:

What if Kruijswijk finds a way to win the Tour this year?
Will he find a way to be 29 years old next year?

TRENDING THREADS