• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tom Zirbel

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Anybody mind asking Vaughters os Team Slipstream on twitter if it was a lapse or otherwise what happened between the team and Zirbel?

DHEA positive. Sounds like he has no idea how that happened. Stay tuned.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
In case you don't read newspapers and blogs from other countries this what every doper says. I had no idea. This clown is six five, maybe he and DiLuca can join the circus,Tom can carry him like a puppet.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
In case you don't read newspapers and blogs from other countries this what every doper says. I had no idea. This clown is six five, maybe he and DiLuca can join the circus,Tom can carry him like a puppet.

And all women killed in Salem were really witches...

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
xnobrakesx said:

I stand corrected. Tom is not guilty and his result should be tossed because he is a hero. If you are right I hope the labs and procedures are subject to civil judgment and instead of the 35k he was going to get from Garmin he gets 10 million for soiling his good name. I am bettin' he will be mowing my lawn soon.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
I stand corrected. Tom is not guilty and his result should be tossed because he is a hero. If you are right I hope the labs and procedures are subject to civil judgment and instead of the 35k he was going to get from Garmin he gets 10 million for soiling his good name. I am bettin' he will be mowing my lawn soon.

You live in absolutes. My point is just that we should be careful with every positive test. My statement did not say he was innocent, nor guilty. I just don't understand why it is so easy to dismiss an accidental usage of a banned substance as simply an accident. This doesn't mean he is not at fault for what substances he puts in his body, but DHEA is in a lot of over the counter items and mistakes happen.

He is a college graduate, so I doubt he will be mowing your lawn anytime soon, your son's allowance should be safe.

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Can we now agree that DHEA is a masking agent, and put an end to Hamilton's "I suffer from depression" talk? Or will Zirbel jump on the depression bandwagon?

PS: I am off course presupposing that Hamilton is, as usual, lying.

fatandfast said:
Well, at least you are consistent in your support of US doping cheats, if totally dellusional.
Elsewhere I joked that I hope there wasn't a frenchman within miles of the lab. Somehow, I think you would consider that a sound argument.

Now that we know why Zirbel was suspended, shouldn't we move this discussion to the clinic?

By the way, this case sounds a bit rare nowadays because he was caught with a urine test. Everyone else is usually caught after having their blood checked. When you ride for a continental team, do you not make enough to buy the proper masking agents so that your urine comes back negative?

A

Anonymous

xnobrakesx said:

Well, did they weigh the same as a duck? If Zirbel weighs the same as a duck, he must be a doper!

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
xnobrakesx said:
You live in absolutes. My point is just that we should be careful with every positive test. My statement did not say he was innocent, nor guilty. I just don't understand why it is so easy to dismiss an accidental usage of a banned substance as simply an accident. This doesn't mean he is not at fault for what substances he puts in his body, but DHEA is in a lot of over the counter items and mistakes happen.

He is a college graduate, so I doubt he will be mowing your lawn anytime soon, your son's allowance should be safe.

That college graduate was delivering pizza before he rode for Bissel.

The Witch analogy is not a good one. The methods to detect if a person has used DHEA is much more accurate then the methods used to detect if someone is a witch.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
So you believe in witches? I did not say I don't believe he tested positive, so therefore I didn't say I believe there was nothing in his system. Read what I posted again, then read Burke Swindlehurts' take on how we should approach these situations.
http://t-birdsroost.blogspot.com/2009/11/watch-that-you-dont-choke.html
The real question here is whether or not Zirbel unknowingly took a tainted supplement, or if he knowingly did so, and thats the only question that I'm concerned with.

I have been accused of something I did not do when many others were guilty, and I can say its hard to clear your name. However, I am not a jaded pro cycling fan who has convinced himself they're all doping.

A

Anonymous

xnobrakesx said:
So you believe in witches? I did not say I don't believe he tested positive, so therefore I didn't say I believe there was nothing in his system. Read what I posted again, then read Burke Swindlehurts' take on how we should approach these situations.
The real question here is whether or not Zirbel unknowingly took a tainted supplement, or if he knowingly did so, and thats the only question that I'm concerned with.

I have been accused of something I did not do when many others were guilty, and I can say its hard to clear your name. However, I am not a jaded pro cycling fan who has convinced himself they're all doping.

Stick around, you'll join the party sooner or later.

Irrespective, this substance has three hits in the past year. You can write that off to anything you want. To me, where there is smoke... Funny, it all happened within the fraternity of the US peloton. I wonder if they ever share secrets with each other being so closely associated?

xnobrakesx said:

The rules say that the athletes are responsable for what is in their bodies, knowingly or unknowingly is not even taken into account. You may not like this but you don't make up the rules. There are reasons for this, the main one being that denial and lying is standard practice among dopers that are caught and the "I didn't knowingly take anything" is usually the first lie that is told.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
almost makes you want Big Boat to enter the fray.

About this time, he usually invokes LArsson and his 480 watts at threshold for the Cali chrono on the Saris website or some crap. What is LArsson's name, almost called him Hendrik the football striker (soccer).

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
almost makes you want Big Boat to enter the fray.

About this time, he usually invokes LArsson and his 480 watts at threshold for the Cali chrono on the Saris website or some crap. What is LArsson's name, almost called him Hendrik the football striker (soccer).

His full name is Gustav I've-been-kicked-out-of-three-different-teams-because-every-teammate-hated-me Larsson.

You'll know him by his tall frame, tramp-stamp tattoo and brick-like IQ

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
His full name is Gustav I've-been-kicked-out-of-three-different-teams-because-every-teammate-hated-me Larsson.

You'll know him by his tall frame, tramp-stamp tattoo and brick-like IQ
I know he was at Fassa and at FDJ. I dont think he rode the Tour for either teams, he may have. He obviously got on a good program. He was gonna cross with Ferretti's Sony-Ericsson team lol

TRENDING THREADS