Tone deaf award of the month for Cadel

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't understand people in general. No, I'm not talking about the pro athletes, which most are a bunch of morons that happen to be able to clear lactic acid and produce a crapload of power for hours on end. They were physically gifted compared to others.

It doesn't make them intelligent people. This goes for celebrities, politicians and the likes as well.

The problem is, people look up to these jackasses as-if their life and world is all that exists and have no perspective and grasp on reality often themselves.

Sad to say...gene pool has dried up on planet Earth.

Cadel has always been one of these idiots that roam around the planet doing whatever it is he does, pedal a bike...that is all.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
zigmeister said:
Sad to say...gene pool has dried up on planet Earth.

Cadel has always been one of these idiots that roam around the planet doing whatever it is he does, pedal a bike...that is all.
you are right. He is not up to much.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
zigmeister said:
I don't understand people in general. No, I'm not talking about the pro athletes, which most are a bunch of morons that happen to be able to clear lactic acid and produce a crapload of power for hours on end. They were physically gifted compared to others.

It doesn't make them intelligent people. This goes for celebrities, politicians and the likes as well.

The problem is, people look up to these jackasses as-if their life and world is all that exists and have no perspective and grasp on reality often themselves.
the external locus of control. it plays into that meme theory that all we are is a bunch of determined genes to sporn in software reproduction. or hardware <puzzled>
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
if this can shut up AusCycleFan94 then this quote is a good thing.

Cuddles does The Clinic a favour, give a shout out to Cuddles.
 
hrotha said:
No, he shouldn't. You still haven't explained why the SOL should be waived in every case.
Oh my bad, please tell me why you think it shouldnt be? I gave you my answer already, however crazy you deem it. Why should some be punished & not others for virtually the same thing,regardless of timeframe? maybe asterisks are indeed a good thing to use to point out things such as doping for the guys past your SOL thing?

Me, Id strip them if they were found to have admitted to doing it, or didnt admit but were later busted(regardless of your SOL). They're still dopers, I know right, silly me wanting to punish dopers for doping. Guys skirt your SOL and they get a pass, great system. Why even bother testing for it?
 
GJB123 said:
You are quite correct. Even in the 80's (at least for Zoetemelk and Theunisse) this resulted in a time penalty but they were not DQ'ed form the TdF nor suspended afterwards. I would say that we ate least apply the common "nulla poena"-principles that you cannot be punished based on law(/rule)-changes that came into effect after your transgression. Let people have their own asterix for those victories that in hindsight seem tainted.
And yet it has happened before that a rider has been punished with a rule that wasn't there when the rider committed the crime.

Not that I agree with it, but it goes to show the level of 'justice' in cycling :eek:
 
Mar 17, 2009
1,863
0
0
Netserk said:
And yet it has happened before that a rider has been punished with a rule that wasn't there when the rider committed the crime.

Not that I agree with it, but it goes to show the level of 'justice' in cycling :eek:
When? It's one thing to be caught as a result of the testing being improved, quite another to have a new rule applied to a past action. SO who is this poor maligned individual??
 
86TDFWinner said:
Oh my bad, please tell me why you think it shouldnt be? I gave you my answer already, however crazy you deem it. Why should some be punished & not others for virtually the same thing,regardless of timeframe? maybe asterisks are indeed a good thing to use to point out things such as doping for the guys past your SOL thing?

Me, Id strip them if they were found to have admitted to doing it, or didnt admit but were later busted(regardless of your SOL). They're still dopers, I know right, silly me wanting to punish dopers for doping. Guys skirt your SOL and they get a pass, great system. Why even bother testing for it?
It's the rules. Otherwise, what's the use of having statutues of limitation?
 
ultimobici said:
When? It's one thing to be caught as a result of the testing being improved, quite another to have a new rule applied to a past action. SO who is this poor maligned individual??
Contador and Valverde (and perhaps others, but I only know of those two) RE: UCI sporting criteria.
 
Mar 17, 2009
1,863
0
0
Netserk said:
Contador and Valverde (and perhaps others, but I only know of those two) RE: UCI sporting criteria.
Contador? Clenbuterol has always been banned. His misfortune was that the lab could test lower than usual.

Valverde's ban was also for practices banned at the time of the offence.

Try again.
 
Jul 9, 2010
127
0
0
86TDFWinner said:
No disrespect, but who f½}{¾¥ cares if they're "both Spaniards"? Both "Spaniards" cheated to win.
The Spanish Powers That Be care. Look at the Puerto court case, or what Contador was charged with, clenbuterol rather than blooddoping.

Not that they're the only ones that pull this fast one, though. Adrienne Herzog, a Dutch runner, was implicated in Operacion Galgo, with Pascua declaring under oath that she contacted him for EPO. He told her that EPO was easily detectable, but blood transfusions weren't, and referred her to Alberto Leon. The Dutch AtletiekUnie merely stated, when no charges were brought forward, that "apparently nothing happened". They didn't even start a mock investigation....

And, in case you don't know, yeah, I'm Dutch.
 
arjanh said:
The Spanish Powers That Be care. Look at the Puerto court case, or what Contador was charged with, clenbuterol rather than blooddoping.

Not that they're the only ones that pull this fast one, though. Adrienne Herzog, a Dutch runner, was implicated in Operacion Galgo, with Pascua declaring under oath that she contacted him for EPO. He told her that EPO was easily detectable, but blood transfusions weren't, and referred her to Alberto Leon. The Dutch AtletiekUnie merely stated, when no charges were brought forward, that "apparently nothing happened". They didn't even start a mock investigation....

And, in case you don't know, yeah, I'm Dutch.
If they "cared" as you said, they'd have done a better job of trying to bust more, right? I get they busted Contador, but as you said, why weren't more things done? because like I said before, no one wants to talk about it, it's "well so
 
Jul 9, 2010
127
0
0
86TDFWinner said:
If they "cared" as you said, they'd have done a better job of trying to bust more, right? I get they busted Contador, but as you said, why weren't more things done? because like I said before, no one wants to talk about it, it's "well so
Bust more? They (the Spanish) don't want to. They protect their own. Hence the Contador charade, for instance.

As for doing more, it's quite hard to come up with evidence from possible doping cases that happened 20 to 30 years ago...
 
arjanh said:
Bust more? They (the Spanish) don't want to. They protect their own. Hence the Contador charade, for instance.

.
Well that's my point sort of...no one wants to do anything/talk about it when OTHER guys do it, just a select few. Can't be that hard to find something from back then on other dopers? people here have said that they supposedly had proof/evidence of Wonderboy doping back in the 80s/early 90s, thats a long period of time too.
 
Netserk said:
Yes. But that doesn't change the fact that the rules was changed *after* the crime.
Exactly, Nor does it change the fact that he/they doped(which has been my point from the beginning).

Like I said, some folks here(and Im too lazy to look it up) have cited that Wonderboy was doping as early as the late 80s/early 90s, correct me if Im wrong, but wouldn't that fall out of the SOL so many here are going on and on about? Plus, wasn't Wonderboy past the SOL when they busted him? Atleast that's what I was led to believe, that the big hubub was about hi m being past the SOL, and the "witchhunt" nonsense and so forth.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY