• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tony Martin Bandwagon thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will Tony Martin reach a Top Ten overall finish at this year's Tour de France

• Hell No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
El Pistolero said:
I hate to break it to you, but Tintin is a fictional character in the best comic book ever created.

Best comic:

Funny%2BCalvin%2Band%2BHobbes%2BWallpaper.gif

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Thomsena said:
Comes down to the decision whether Highroad thinks he should use a lot of energy for Cavendish or actually saving it.

After watching his performance in all of his major TTs n the last seasons I realy believe that tony martin is going to be the winner of this year's tour TT.

He is better TTer than contador and only loses to fabian in this discipline, but unlike both TM and AC, fabian isn't here in top shape, the tour isn't his big goal.

he will have to work a lot for both brothers and will get there really tired and, since i believe that his recovery isn't at contador's level, it isn't unlikely that he can really lose to one of them or even both.
still, when in good shape he can murder them in a TT without three hard weeks as "warm-up".

it would be fun to see a tour-oriented cancellara putting 2min or more in contador in a long TT and 8min in j-rod :)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
c&cfan said:
After watching his performance in all of his major TTs n the last seasons I realy believe that tony martin is going to be the winner of this year's tour TT.

He is better TTer than contador and only loses to fabian in this discipline, but unlike both TM and AC, fabian isn't here in top shape, the tour isn't his big goal.

he will have to work a lot for both brothers and will get there really tired and, since i believe that his recovery isn't at contador's level, it isn't unlikely that he can really lose to one of them or even both.

still, when in good shape he can murder them in a TT without three hard weeks as "warm-up".

it would be fun to see a tour-oriented cancellara putting 2min or more in contador in a long TT and 8min in j-rod :)

that has never stopped Spartacus blitzing the competition at the tour in the past ;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Rechtschreibfehler said:
So you believe worse conditions give Martin a push in performance. Interesting. Must be pure willpower that makes him go faster when it raines. ;)
The later riders also had to put up with the wet descents and the wind was stronger in the later stages.
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
:D

I LOL'd.
well done sir.

El Pistolero said:
We all know that this is Evans:

magikarp.png

Just to let you both know, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados!

gyarados__D_by_lunascythedragon.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Wiggins could have beaten him yesterday - that is why Wiggo chucked his toys out with Sean Yates.

Canc and Wiggo both have him well beaten on style in any case - he is a horrible gear-mashing rouleur aesthetically.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
The later riders also had to put up with the wet descents and the wind was stronger in the later stages.

Just to let you both know, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados!

gyarados__D_by_lunascythedragon.jpg

Just to let you know, water pokemon are totally useless on land :eek:

But he's still a magicarp. Didn't you see his splash attack yesterday in the TT?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Just to let you know, water pokemon are totally useless on land :eek:

But he's still a magicarp. Didn't you see his splash attack yesterday in the TT?

The tt yesterday was wet! It was more like a hydro pump attack than a splash attack (now I am really showing how much of a nerd I am)!

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Gyarados can use earthquake which would screw up any electric Pokemon.

Ah yes :p But Raichu's speed >>> Gyarados speed + Thunder is a fast attack(even though accuracy is only 90(but you won't miss a lot wiht 90)) and Gyarados is scre-hu-wed

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Winterfold said:
Wiggins could have beaten him yesterday - that is why Wiggo chucked his toys out with Sean Yates.

Canc and Wiggo both have him well beaten on style in any case - he is a horrible gear-mashing rouleur aesthetically.

who cares, so where ullrich, gonchar and botero. but they smashed everyone they faced including perfect lance and for sure they didn't clinic more than sir lance

TRENDING THREADS