• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tony Martin is VERY good.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2009
Visit site
mambo#5 said:
I thought Tony Martin was dead. :confused: wiki shows him to be 96 years old. :eek:

Nah, we recycled him and gave him a total makeover. Titanium alloy bones, bionic muscles, artificial lungs and heart. We can run him on normal food, hydrogen, or an acetone/ethanol/nitro mix. Then we pulled a skin over the whole thing, sew it up and programmed simple cycling tactics into his biocomputer brain. Aldag has the remote override so he looks credible during normal stages. :rolleyes:

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
jonjungel said:
That has to be one with a lot of ITT and no steep mountains. On a mountaintop finish like Alpe d'Huez or Joux Plane similar, he will lose too much time.
I'm impressed by him also. But that is mostly as a time-trialist.

Martin surprised me today. It wasn't a steep mountain, but it looks like I'll have to eat my words on this.

TRENDING THREADS