• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Top Ten excuses Sky will use to fend off doping accusations

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Rob27172 said:
1. Find weird disease no one has heard of
2. Play on the publics lack of knowledge about cycling in the uk and pretend all cyclists are way behind other sports = marginal gains
3. Publicize your zero tolerance policy
4 Hire a shed load of dodgy riders, dodgy DS staff, Dodgy doctors.
5. Get the press in your pocket using Murdoch empire
6. Get UCI in your pocket by ensuring they cant afford to go up against you in court
7. Get ASO in your pocket by making sure they cant afford to lose another leader of the TDF and destroy their own race
8. Get a reporter in your pocket to write **** about how wonderful the team is
9. Find a number of good track riders who you have had on the gear for years in the track program and bring them onto the road team
10. Get a lead in to the latest drugs to make sure you are ahead of the curve
11. Build a team based upon a nationalist program with massive sponsorship to make sure you have more money and more clout than anyone else.
12. Complain about not enough testing
13. proclaim how many hundreds of tests you have passed and never tested positive
14. Proclaim how immaculate your preperation for the tour is compared to everyone else.
15. Make a program about how your star rider has a physiology that is different to everyone else
16. Acquire TUE's for any potential issue that might be found out - whether they were in time or backdated
17. Ride climbs quicker than proven dopers and still proclaim you are clean
18. Watch as ex team mates get busted for drugs and proclaim dismay at how they fell of the right road after leaving the team

Oh now which team am I describing - is it sky or USPS I am confused as it appears that the lists would be identical

And yet still there are people out there that believe history isn't repeating itself and a nation where cycling is a minority sport with no infrastructure and roads that are deadly for cyclists in any large number, can suddenly produce world class cyclists that can destroy cycling powerhouses from other parts of the world.- Oh am i talking about the USA or UK; again I am confused !!!

Good foresight! :surprised:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
JA.Tri said:
Maybe in 5 years time we will be able to discern the truth...

Maybe??

Funny enough, we are at the 5 year later mark.. :cool:

this was disingenuous.

we could discern the truth 5 years ago.

How many times does the emperor's clothes fable need to play out?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
you know, I prefer the USPS lunchbags and Kik Armstrong, than Cope and jiffy bags.

I have a soft spot for Doc Allen Lim's rice bombs in slipstream musettes. cos we know garmin slipstream did things the right way and Lim knew nothing about Landis innit.

#AllenLim #ftw #ricebombs some vinegar, some honey, some eggs, some rice, a rice cooker, then alfoil for the bomb in the musette. aluminium foil #alfoil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwt-DUpKPYA

May 26, 2010
Visit site

blackcat said:
thehog said:
JA.Tri said:

Maybe??

this was disingenuous.

we could discern the truth 5 years ago.

How many times does the emperor's clothes fable need to play out?

groundhog day in sport. The cycle will never be broken( :lol: ), it is a chameleon and changes to suit the environment of the given time.

thehog said:
42x16ss said:
thehog said:
JA.Tri said:

Maybe??

If only Emma Pooley had said that the Jiffy bag was for her :lol:

True, that's why we have a women's team and a women's coach, so they can be the cover story for the men's doping :lol:
He obviously wasn't coaching the women's team, because anyone who had spent more than a few minutes with Pooley wouldn't even consider trying something that stupid :lol:

Re:

Rob27172 said:
2. Play on the publics lack of knowledge about cycling in the uk and pretend all cyclists are way behind other sports = marginal gains
6. Get UCI in your pocket by ensuring they cant afford to go up against you in court
7. Get ASO in your pocket by making sure they cant afford to lose another leader of the TDF and destroy their own race
9. Find a number of good track riders who you have had on the gear for years in the track program and bring them onto the road team
11. Build a team based upon a nationalist program with massive sponsorship to make sure you have more money and more clout than anyone else.
13. proclaim how many hundreds of tests you have passed and never tested positive
14. Proclaim how immaculate your preperation for the tour is compared to everyone else.
15. Make a program about how your star rider has a physiology that is different to everyone else
16. Acquire TUE's for any potential issue that might be found out - whether they were in time or backdated
18. Watch as ex team mates get busted for drugs and proclaim dismay at how they fell of the right road after leaving the team

Oh now which team am I describing - is it sky or USPS I am confused as it appears that the lists would be identical

And yet still there are people out there that believe history isn't repeating itself and a nation where cycling is a minority sport with no infrastructure and roads that are deadly for cyclists in any large number, can suddenly produce world class cyclists that can destroy cycling powerhouses from other parts of the world.- Oh am i talking about the USA or UK; again I am confused !!!

The crystal ball has worked well :cool:

May 26, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
Rob27172 said:

The crystal ball has worked well :cool:

So much of that is Sky related. So much.

6. Get UCI in your pocket by ensuring they can’t afford to go up against you in court
7. Get [WADA] in your pocket by making sure they can’t afford to [let ASO] ban a leader of the TDF and destroy that race
8. Get a [drug company official] in your pocket to write **** about how clean the [rider] is

14. Proclaim how immaculate your preparation for the tour is compared to everyone else.
15. Make a [computer] program [that proves] your star rider has a physiology that is different to everyone else
18. Watch as [other riders] get busted for drugs and proclaim dismay [that they lacked the funds to buy a favorable decision].