• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2011 Stage 9: Issoire - Saint-Flour 208 km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Zoncolan said:
Well, comparing anyone to Vino in terms of attacking riding is plain unfair. Evans came up a lot in my eyes over the past 2 years. IMHO, he can no longer be called a wheelsucker.

To be fair it isn't like he has attacked I'n the high mountains. Probably more to do with ability than attitude

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
dont think the break will stay, garmin are serious about the chase and has strung out the peloton single file.

yeah but on the cimbs the leading group will gain lots of time. I doubt the peloton dares to put strong tempo in the climbs

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yeah but on the cimbs the leading group will gain lots of time. I doubt the peloton dares to put strong tempo in the climbs

why wouldnt OPL or BMC dare to do so? yes garmin wont as they will be scared they burn out the yellow jersey.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
why wouldnt OPL or BMC dare to do so? yes garmin wont as they will be scared they burn out the yellow jersey.

because they wpuld drop their helpers. if bmc have 3 guys leeft after climbs or less they won't stand a chance. the course is too uch suited for attackers and 6 very strong ones are out