• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2011 Stage 9: Issoire - Saint-Flour 208 km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
they wont its very unsportsmanlike.
its called giving your rider their best chance - only a chump would give their greatest rival an even break

besides sportsmanship in cycling went out when riders starting doping....

Cadel's problem is he hasnt been ruthless enough

As long as AC is not hurt its fair game

hrotha said:
Contador is certainly having more crashes and mechanical problems this week than during his whole career. As long as he isn't hurt, it's pretty funny.

indeed. up until this week i couldn't remember of a time where he had a mechanical or a fall and now this week is pretty much everyday several times a day . . .

May 27, 2010
Visit site
sportzchick said:
its called giving your rider their best chance - only a chump would give their greatest rival an even break

if BMC do this, imagine what others would do if evans has a problem. anyway theres still 100km left in the stage it would be rather idiotic.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
contador is fine.

but i don't like it :(

geez, kirby is more excitable than versus commentators. i forgot. giro he was continually expecting conti fail.

get up there and fight bertie!

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
sportzchick said:

Cadel's problem is he hasnt been ruthless enough

the same guys who headbuts journalists and threatens to beat up random people when they touch his dog. the guy is a f;n tool

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
the same guys who headbuts journalists and threatens to beat up random people when they touch his dog. the guy is a f;n tool

what on earth is with this use of the word tool i dont get it. sorry im from asia.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
if BMC do this, imagine what others would do if evans has a problem. anyway theres still 100km left in the stage it would be rather idiotic.
ha - half the peleton is as anti Cadel as this stupid forum....they do it regardless. Remember Cancellara giving him hell when he dared to attack last time

Like I said - sportsmanship went out the windown in cycling when riders started doping

May 27, 2010
Visit site
sportzchick said:
ha - half the peleton is as anti Cadel as this stupid forum....they do it regardless. Remember Cancellara giving him hell when he dared to attack last time

Like I said - sportsmanship went out the windown in cycling when riders started doping

when was that?? yes but eventhough some them dislike cadel. they wont ramp up the pace of the peloton when he has a mechanical or crashed. there is still some respect left in this sport.

The Hitch said:
Eurosport seem to think its a certainty that podium will consist of Schleck Contador and Evans.

The 3rd guy (not Backsted or Richardson) then neglects to mention the Vuelta when asked to explain who Peter Velits is:rolleyes:

Malcolm Elliott. He should have mentioned the Vuelta - he won the points jersey in it, back in the 80s.

Whilst it's not nice to see another DNF, you lot have got to get over this man love for Amets. He'd have done absolutely nothing, yet again.

Zoncolan said:
Now a bike change for AC.

It worked on Etna and Grossglockner.

sportzchick said:

But good ol Cadel didnt. He fights the good fight against immorality.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
sportzchick said:

Riders have been doping in cycling from the very start.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
sportzchick said:

oh that means cycling has always been without sportsmanship? :facepalm:

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
It worked on Etna and Grossglockner.

But good ol Cadel didnt. He fights the good fight against immorality.
Ive never seen him been accussed before so if you got some proof then my PM is always open

Just proved my point then doesnt it?