• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2011 Stage 9: Issoire - Saint-Flour 208 km

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
JulietMacur Juliet Macur
Dave Zabriskie also crashes out today, with a possible head injury. The unlucky Christian Vande Velde crashed too. No word on his status.

* from twitter

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
My new hope for this tour is that Samu gets podium

It will be hard not to if he doesn't crash badly. Some nobodies could even podium at this point as I still don't have much faith in Basso and Cuddles.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
My new hope for this tour is that Samu gets podium

If he's not injured (and I don't think he is) he's got a great chance for that. I think unless Andy and Alberto get in trouble the third spot is between him Evans and Frank (and if he is back on form after the crash Basso).

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
The gap is well within Sherwen's Law, anything could happen. If they ride fast enough to bring it back I'm not sure Thor will be able to follow.

Jamsque said:
OK, we are racing again now. Panic over.

until there is a descent in damp conditions apparently. my larger concern is that canc. seems to be that willing to openly tilt the terms of racing in his team's favor in ways that no one else seems to. it's a rather one sided view he has of etiquette, imo.

i'll shut up now. i am not here to cause a fuss.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Way too far down.

2 1/2 minutes. Depending on how things (or riders) fall, he could make that up in the high mountains.

EDIT: The operative word being could. IOW, too soon to count him out completely, IMO.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Luck of the draw dude. Again, you recognize names. So what?

Name another Tdf where there was not carnage in the first week. You have 30 years experience. Name One. You can't. End of.

I can't now can I? Let me show you 2000:

Stage 1: 0
Stage 2: 0
Stage 3: 0
Stage 4: 0
Stage 5: 0
Stage 6: 1
Stage 7: 2

Well, don't you look silly now?